Looking for an 87 Grand National

92whitegs

I am looking to buy a 1987 Buick Grand National. I am from WI and will travel to look at and buy the car. I am looking for a low milage, original Grand Sport. Original paint, original motor, original transmission. I have wanted one of these cars since I was 10 years old. I am now finally finishing college and want to buy a Grand National. I will give the car a nice heated garage home and will drive it only on really nice days.

I have taken care of vehicles my whole life. I worked in a bodyshop for years and I know how to detail a car.

I have a 1985 Buick Regal that I rebuilt. It is my first car I ever owned. I would really like to add a Grand National to my collection.

Email me at beertravis@eudoramail.com if you have such a car.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the turbo community! :)

Are you prepared to pay a shiny nickle or two for a pristine original unmolested example of a GN? If so, you may have to be flexible on how it's optioned or be very patient. I know of a 233 mile 1987 GN and a similarly miled white 1987 Turbo T with the WO2 black out package if you're interested. Owner's asking $23,000+ for each.

The two low mileage cars described above sound like the two my friend and I own! Where are these two cars located that you know about?

Originally posted by 1987 GN
The two low mileage cars described above sound like the two my friend and I own! Where are these two cars located that you know about?
Not sure. A buddy of mine on the TTA list had an interest in the 2 cars I wrote about.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Not sure. A buddy of mine on the TTA list had an interest in the 2 cars I wrote about.

I have a 316 mile GN and my friend has a 322 mile white T with W02. Seems too coincidental for it not to be the same two cars but you never know. Who was the guy who knew of them on the TTA list?

Originally posted by 1987 GN
I have a 316 mile GN and my friend has a 322 mile white T with W02. Seems too coincidental for it not to be the same two cars but you never know. Who was the guy who knew of them on the TTA list?
Sounds like the same cars. I'd prefer not to post his name here. I'd PM you with it but I didn't see a Private Message button for your profile.

I would like to know were the GN is located with the 336 miles on it. That is if the car is for sale. I would like to get a good look at it.

Just an FYI, the photos of both cars I saw indicated they had digital dashes - not desirable to most people.

Originally posted by 92whitegs
I would like to know were the GN is located with the 336 miles on it. That is if the car is for sale. I would like to get a good look at it.

92whitegs,
I emailed you.

TT/A 1233,
You can send me an email: Richard.Colby@fmr.com with the name of the contact from the TA list. Thanks.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Just an FYI, the photos of both cars I saw indicated they had digital dashes - not desirable to most people.

Kind of depends on who you ask I guess. I never liked the digital dash either since they blink at 85 and just have a few idiot lights but on a car like this it won't matter as it probably will be very rarely driven let alone at 85. Also since it will remain stock the idiot lights will satisfy the instrumentation needs of whoever drives it. Since both of these cars have virtually every option and will be picked up by a serious collector if they do actually sell I think their condition and mileage will make them desireable, not their digital dash.
:)