Looking for contact info....

Techljh

Does anyone know how to get in contact of Gary Oswald - from Street Performance? He used to be in Park Ridge, Elk Grove Village Illinois. Latest I heard he moved out to Rockford. Just curious, I sold him my car in the late 90's and was wondering if the current owner was interested in selling. I wish I kept the VIN number to track it down. Thanks

DIAZ 87 said:
WAS IT A WHITE T-TYPE
It was a:
87 GN with @23k miles when sold (@1997-8ish)
It did have a unique blue pinstripping on it
Super clean!
Are those your videos on you tube, Diaz? It's one of the reasons I want my car back!!!

I used to go to his house when he was in Park Ridge as he worked on my TR's and later when he had his shop in EGV. Been years since I have seen him. I also heard he moved to Rockford and I think he got away from working on Buick's.

No, he still works on them but not as many. Gary is up there in age so what use to take a day takes four now. He still does motors, and some other things. He is a parts warehouse too lol. His son has a job in another field and I'm not sure if he still has time for the Buicks but last I heard he was still driving the Black Camaro. I will contact Gary and see if its cool to post his number.

Spoke with him a moment ago. He said the chances of him remembering the car, and who he sold it to are almost non-existent. He does not have records of that stuff anymore. He said he is a good source for blocks, heads, cranks, and stock brackets for those stock parts you can't find. I asked him was it safe to say he has retired for Buicks and his answer was Yes. As for finding your car I would suggest you contact the Secretary of State and the will have the cars and VINs you have had registered in Illinois. A police department may assist you in that too. From there, you can Autocheck(Carfax) and google the VIN which should lead you very close to its location. Now 97 was a while ago so I will like to see what condition its in now. Let me know if you need anymore help and best of luck in your search!!

Would it ring a bell if u told him...???,
He drove to Evanston on Chicago Ave, to check out a car at a auto repair shop? It was clean '87 Buick grand national under a cover, parked inside on the ramp going up. He actually worked on it Prior to buying it for basic mods. When I peeled back the car cover I saw the $$$ signs in his eyes. Im sure he Flipped it for a good profit . How many cars did he own/sell have a blue pinstripping?
Not necessary looking for current Buick grand nationalowner, but just a lead.
My contact info is techljh@gmail if he wants it.

Did the car have a custom design painted into the quarter glass area or just a pinstripe?

It did have a design on the sides and back of trunk. The stripping was on it when I bought it from a guy in Chicago. Dave Maslo I think his name was. I think he purchased it from Kasch Fine cars

Techljh said:
It did have a design on the sides and back of trunk. The stripping was on it when I bought it from a guy in Chicago. Dave Maslo I think his name was. I think he purchased it from Kasch Fine cars

Car also had a dual oil filter in the right front area

GNX type dash? What did the design look like? Quick 6 or something like that with a purpleish blue color?

jasjamz said:
GNX type dash? What did the design look like? Quick 6 or something like that with a purpleish blue color?

Standard dash. Design was more of a scroll look no words/letters. More blue then purple