Looking for Evenfire Roller Cam info

shumpertdavid

I'm trying to have a Hydraulic Roller Cam custom built for my even fire carb motor. The only core's I've been able to locate are said to have odd fire snouts. To run these do I just need the matching cam gear for the timing set and the distributor drive gear parts. Does anyone know of a place that has blanks to do even fire with integral distributor drive. I've already got a rollmaster timing chain set for the integral setup i'd like to use if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you, david

IMO the odd fire snout is the way to go. Just requires running the odd fire timing set and the odd fire spacer and cam sensor gear. Doing it this way is nice because you don't have to worry about changing the gear on the cam sensor. All of the rollers I own have the odd fire nose. What size cam are you looking for?

I'm looking at probably .550 lift and 226 in 246 ex duration at .050. It's a 10.1 nitrous motor for street use. Any thoughts on where I can find the oddfire snout parts. does it have the fuel pump eccentric built into it.

I'm looking at probably .550 lift and 226 in 246 ex duration at .050. It's a 10.1 nitrous motor for street use. Any thoughts on where I can find the oddfire snout parts. does it have the fuel pump eccentric built into it.

There are several places you can find the parts but if you are sure you want to go roller you can check out fullthrottle. He has the rollers that will take a stock timing chain set up like the rollmaster set. Fuzzy is right about the odd fire nose being better but it costs a lot more. fullthrottle has cams ready to go so you should have a good choice.

The odd fire cam is a billet which will withstand lots more abuse [and spring pressure] than the stock-type roller cam.

We do many of these and have all the necessary parts.

It is also necessary to have the proper cam retention system to keep it from walking out of the block, especially at high RPMs which I assume you plan to reach.:smile:

not planning on turning it more than 6 to 6500. I'm running a dual plane intake to help with low end and using the nitrous to help the top side. Just trying to put together a nice dependable\peppy carb motor