Looking for help tuning on Alky Injection

1QUIK6

I was wondering if there would be any interest from anyone on helping me tune my 87 GN on alky. I've used alky on the street but at the track I've always reverted back to tuning on C16. San Antonio raceway or Baytown would be cool.

Can't see signatures so please tell us the combo and tools you have to read/ analyse data?

Can't see signatures so please tell us the combo and tools you have to read/ analyse data?
MFS 6265-PTE SuperStock Intercooler-Mototron 60's-Denso 950w/HW Kit-Accufab FPR-9.5" 3200-3400 SDLU Vigilante-Century Auto Mike Kurtz Tranny-3" THDP-3"ATR SS Exhaust w/PitBull-S10 Wheel Cylinders-Hurst Line Lock-TT Alky Chip-CPT Upgrade Vlv Springs-Scanmaster II-Direct Scan-Razors Alky Kit

If you're not in a rush I plan on going out to Baytown in about a month when the car is ready to take to the track. I've got a brand new alky on it and will be fine tuning it there. I've got a base tune from Cal Hartline for alky Injection on XFI but I assume some small tweaks will be needed. Thank link Heskahoka shared is a very informative thread I strongly encourage you read it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I printed and have been reading the thread from above. Lots of information- Thanks. If possible I would like to meet "The Granny" at Baytown in about a month, just let me know the date as it gets closer. I've always tuned the car with C16 but have always second guessed myself on fuel pressure. Last time out, I was at around 38 lbs.vacuum off and 29lbs.vacuum on. That's where I stopped as the car kept getting faster. I've never seen a "To Low" fuel pressure reading posted. Is there a "don't go below this FP" reading? Or will it start slowing down after its "sweet spot" lowest fuel pressure?

Do you use a scan master? What are your O2 readings at wot in third gear. I fear you are going the wrong way by lowering the fuel pressure. What chip are you using? The chip should have a base fp in the instructions and you would add or remove fuel by adjusting the chip parameters(or possibly with the maf translator if you run one). Not saying you cant do what you are doing but without a way to monitor o2readings and Kr you are off the beaten path I would recommend.

What you describe is what I would call, "lean is mean" but I would have to say you are on the verge of hg replacement and possibly way more without some way to monitor the Kr at a minimum.

Last time out, I couldn't find the battery charger for the laptop with Direct Scan on it so I used my Scanmaster II. I have a TurboTweak race chip that I use at the track and last time out the O2s were 761 with .7deg timing retard, 25# boost and 26# Fuel pressure vacuum on (found track slip with notes I wrote down). The car kept increasing MPH but I was a little hesitant to make another pass because of where I was with fuel pressure. These passes were with a CPT60 turbo from Cottons. I now have a MFS 6265 from Bison Performance and want to tune with alky.

Are you not wanting to add more boost? Is there a reason you are decreasing the fuel pressure and not pulling fuel with chip programing? I guess I'm not understanding where you are going with your decrease in fuel pressure.
Do you know the version of the chip you are using? 5.6, 5.7 has more adjustability I think. Is the chip a burn for alky? Or is it for the race gas?
Sorry for all the questions but there is a lot of mystery and I never want to see anyone lift a head.

Race Chip is V5.7 and the Alky chip should be as well. Been a little confused on the boost/FP tuning. I was under the impression that you set max boost level (25#) then either richen or lean from there. In my case it gained more MPH while I was leaning the car thus I continued to lean the car until it would quit gaining MPH. After that point, I would be done tuning. On my last run it gained MPH with 2lbs less fuel (26#), my question is whether it was safe to decrease another 2lbs (24#) or should I have increased boost to say 26lbs and leave the FP alone at (26#)? This is why I would like to go to the track with other fellow Buick owners so that I could talk to them about tuning and maybe get a little assistance tuning my Buick.