Looking for low 11's

87-WE4

I'm curious where my et time should be with my combo.

1986 Buick GN hardtop power windows
Stock block, heads, cam
TE 60 turbo
Extreme FMIC
New valve springs
LT1 maf sensor with translator
3" THDP
2.5 hooker exhaust
Alky control kit 25 psi boost
Rebuilt transmission
David husek lockup converter
Manual transbrake
Baileys 2-step leaving around 8-10 psi
Mickey Thompson 28x9.5 slicks
Turbo tweak chip
60 lbs injectors
Scanmaster for tuning
Adjustable fuel regular
Hotwire kit

My best pass was 11.54 @ 114 mph. That was without 2-step and with a art Carr non lock up converter I since switch back to a lockup converter from David husek. I'm thinking with my combo I should be 11.20's?

My best pass was 11.54 @ 114 mph. That was without 2-step and with a art Carr non lock up converter I since switch back to a lockup converter from David husek. I'm thinking with my combo I should be 11.20's?

What was your sixty foot?

Combo should be good for 10.70's. With a transbrake, you should be in the low 1.50's to high 1.40's-60', especially on slicks.
I have foot braked a 1.58, with the D5 converter, on 255/60/15 ET Streets.

that's on the fastest unopened motor hunt with stock,heads,cam and a 60 turbo and deep into the realm of breakage.

You can make a few Set On Kill passes, every now and then. I'm sitting on 11.40's-.50's right now, running stock engine, turbo, intercooler and D5. E85, but I'm still living dangerously, for certain.

Are you going to try and lock Dave's converter? I did not think he was a fan of WOT lockup. Curious to see results if you do.

Last edited:
image.png Last good pass, Not locking the converter. Record is 11.37, pretty certain I'm going to match it or go faster. I read guy was spraying 3 nozzles of alky, not certain?. He also had a transbrake and stretch neck. I'm just on foot brake and stock original intercooler. I have maxed the 60lb injectors and fuel pump, on E85. Going to 80's. Have the converter locking now, just go to make some passes with good track conditions.
these are full passes or calculated off the 1/8?11.3 is the record off the stock turbo/motor

I'm aware off all that but 1/4 mile is off from eds pass.1/8 is different ball game from the whole 1/4.if ed was only looking for 1/8 his tune would have been different.I wish you luck but would like to see you run it all out.

I'm aware off all that but 1/4 mile is off from eds pass.1/8 is different ball game from the whole 1/4.if ed was only looking for 1/8 his tune would have been different.I wish you luck but would like to see you run it all out.

Understand, wasn't expecting to run out of injectors. Once I get the 80's and new pump. I'll feel better about going another 660'.
I've been told by couple super good tuners, I probably can't match Ed's times, not sure just yet.

I can tell you that Ed Brewers car did NOT have 3 nozzles of methanol on the car. We live in the same town :)
I can't remember if I was at the track when he was kickin my butt
My car was running 11.7s with his same setup Single hago m15 and 28-32 degrees of timing. Mine never picked up anything past 28 degrees
His car was awesome out of the hole with those anti hop bars
Any more myths you guys need answers to? :). I'd be happy to answer them
Maybe help you get your car faster

Great thread, brings back memories

I ran my stock motor up to 34 degrees and was only limited by traction;)twin m10s
Did you ever pick up more mph or better 60' with added timing past 28?
I never did, so I turned it back down
28 down low and 25 up top
Best 60' was 1.50 once I added a converter and ta61 Sold it to a member on this site from Canada, sold his buddy my 9k Tta. I'm a fool for letting them go

image.jpeg image.jpeg
I can tell you that Ed Brewers car did NOT have 3 nozzles of methanol on the car. We live in the same town :)
I can't remember if I was at the track when he was kickin my butt
My car was running 11.7s with his same setup Single hago m15 and 28-32 degrees of timing. Mine never picked up anything past 28 degrees
His car was awesome out of the hole with those anti hop bars
Any more myths you guys need answers to? :). I'd be happy to answer them
Maybe help you get your car faster

Great thread, brings back memories

image.jpeg
Just something I read about the 3 nozzles, I also read that Bigfoot was spotted again, no clue?.
His car did have several things different, than what I'm doing. He had a trans brake, THDP and Stretch neck intercooler, along with slicks. I take it by his mph, he was running Lots of timing?.
It's turned into more of a personal challenge for me now, than trying to meet or pass the 11.37.
My setup is, stock, untouched engine, except valve springs, stock untouched intercooler, stock turbo, with factory exhaust housing, 3" dp, D5 converter and 255/60/15 Drag Radials. Wolfe Anti Roll Bar.
I was told I will probably never match the 11.37, as Ed had Lots of fine tweaking done to his car, I figure at this point, that's probably so, I won't match 11.37. I'll know more once the 80 lb injectors get here and upgrade fuel pump also, as I've maxed out the 60's and 255 Walbro.

1/8th mile track is 30 minutes from home and gives lots of decent testing, you can get a decent feel for what the car will do, for the other 660.
Once the 80's and new fuel pump are installed,
I will run it out. Got 2 awesome 1/4 mile tracks here in Texas, to test at.