Looking for te-61

Thunder

Wanna-be 10 sec'r
Well, I'm getting my trans set up in a month or so, from Jimmy's. (Chicago land) I'm going with his highest stall 12" converter. (made by Neal Chance). I think its ~2800. I realize there may be a bit of lag with this set up, but plan on getting a different converter in the future. Wondering what pricing I should expect on a 61, new, used...etc. Also, is there an option for big shaft with a 61, and any pro's or cons with that. I'm currently thinking of a jc unit from quad air, but get home to late to give them a holler. Anyone familiar with their pricing??

Open to opinions on the combo, and suggestions of other good buick vendors to get a new unit from.

Thanks

John Craig at Limit Engineering ~~~ http://www.limitengineering.com

Precision Turbo & Engine ~~~ http://www.precisionte.com

New you will pay around $750 to $800 for a TE-61 and you would probably get the best deal for a new JC LTE-61 if you ordered one from Quad Air Inc. (Red and Jane Armstrong).... Used it really depends on the seller and the condition of the turbo, but I'd say $500 to $650....
HTH:) :cool:

I have seen the LT designation when referring to Craig's turbo's before. What does this mean??

Mike

Originally posted by Thunder
Also, is there an option for big shaft with a 61, and any pro's or cons with that.

Open to opinions on the combo, and suggestions of other good buick vendors to get a new unit from.

Thanks
===========================================

The big shaft 60-series turbos begin with the 63.

Wherever you ultimately buy a turbo, you'd be well advised to call Jack at www.cottonsperformance.com in Agawam, Massachusetts & discuss your plans for your car. Jack will make sure you wind up with a nicely balanced combination.

Nobody knows more than Jack about street/strip turbos, or is more honored to help you.

You'll be glad you did! :)

I've used the JC Te/Ta61 turbo on many cars. Works like a champ! It is very streetable and can take you into the mid-high 10's. The two people who probably have the most experience with this turbo would be Red Armstrong and JC himself. You will not be diasappointed with this turbo.

Do a search on this turbo through this messageboard. You will find many comments.

K.