Looking for used upgrades

That's like telling him to put a Stage 2 in to run 12's because someday he'll want to go faster ...

you can do the same thing with chips as you can with a DFI .. they also have the flex fuel sensor capability as well as wideband correction .. you can even do the chips that do pure speed density .

It's total plug and play with a chip setup with the goals he has ... with a DFI he is going to have a pretty big learning curve and could easily run into tuning issues ..

I'm just saying that for a newbie to throw him into a FAST XFI as a first bolt on .. not sure this is really sound advice .

IF he had years of experience with GN's in general and wanted something to cover him into the 10's right off the bat .. then I could see the advice .

I dunno .. maybe its just me trying to keep things too simple .. Pretty easy to get a GN to run low 11's on a E85 conversion on a simple chip
If you read my post it says if you are familiar with tuning and i think the xfi is fairly simple to learn so i dont think we are to far off

Have a LC-1 O2 system I just took off. I think everything is in the box but the disk that comes with it.

$115.00 shipped to a US address

Due to the lack of accessibility of E85, I think my best choice is gonna be alkyl and the highest octane full available. I don't have the desire to learn the fast system. I like to keep things stupid simple and just change out the chip if I find myself out of alky juice and then just run 93 octane. I will change the fuel pump, injectors, LS1 MAF with translator , fmic, and all the necessary gauges like most importantly the af ratio. I do really appreciate all the info.

Due to the lack of accessibility of E85, I think my best choice is gonna be alkyl and the highest octane full available. I don't have the desire to learn the fast system. I like to keep things stupid simple and just change out the chip if I find myself out of alky juice and then just run 93 octane. I will change the fuel pump, injectors, LS1 MAF with translator , fmic, and all the necessary gauges like most importantly the af ratio. I do really appreciate all the info.

You
Dont need a fmic for 11.70's especially
On alky .. talk to Julio @ alky control.. he will get you going on the alky
Put a 44 on it.. few for sale in classifieds now for cheap

Just keep a windshield waster bottle full of M1 in the trunk tucked down in the spare tire well. Thats what I do although DOT probably wouldnt be too keen on it lol

I dont let my alky tank get below half full.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Definitely go wiith what you are comfortable with if you are interested i have a translator, 3maf .power logger 5.7 tt chip 93 alky and a set of 42# injectors i am going to sell you can message me if you are interested

Probably the simplest way to get "Flex Fuel" on a nearly stock GN would be to purchase a "thumb wheel chip" and then ask Eric to burn it with an E85 tune and a 93 tune. That way you can fill up on 93 and flip the thumb wheel to the 93 tune, or fill up on E85 and flip the wheel to the E85 tune. This would be the easiest for a guy that that just wants to keep it simple and inexpensive.

That sounds like a great idea, but the more research I do, it really seems like my best option is to go with a 93 tune with 60lb injectors and the alkyl control kit. I can keep an extra bottle of alkyl juice in the trunk for when the alkyl gets low. E85 just isn't that readily available in my area and I don't see it coming available in the near future.

You
Dont need a fmic for 11.70's especially
On alky .. talk to Julio @ alky control.. he will get you going on the alky
Put a 44 on it.. few for sale in classifieds now for cheap
Just curious, when you mentioned, "put a 44 on it ", is that the part #/model # of the alky control kit?

Need a used LC-1 ? If not, I will list it in the "parts for sale". I thought you might want first shot at it.

I have a Kirban adjustable fuel pressure regulator listed in for sale forum

Last edited:
I have a few parts that I just listed.
Maf sensor, translator, brackets, gauges, and will also be selling my 60lbs injectors and 2 tt 5.7 chips. One for e85 and the other for 93 octane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The maf translator, 60lb injectors, tt 5.7 93 chip. I'm interested in those. What other stuff do you have? Any pictures? Prices? Thanks in adance.