Looking to upgrade

Dreamn4GN

looking to upgrade my speakers and hopefully put a new head unit in. Concert II car. Not looking for any kind of system. Just don't want to hear the radio which is an EQ btw make noises as I accelerate and want speakers that arnt blown out and I can actually turn the music up. Ultimately I'd like to be able to make it plug and play to convert back to stock if need be. Do they make a radio harness that works like they do with newer cars? Just trying to see what all is involved or if I'm just overthinking things. Thanks.

Metra makes adapters. They are all over the internet. Just search for 1987 regal adapter, under $15. Dash speakers are 3.5", doors are 5.25", rears are 4x10". I don't like aftermarket decks but your car doesn't belong to me. I would recommend JBL GTO speakers, I had good luck with them. One extra note: I think these cars need a little bass to fill the sound out. A powered 8" bazooka tube is plenty - you won't hear to outside the car and you will like your system a lot more. Without it, it may sound thin or tinny.

Metra makes adapters. They are all over the internet. Just search for 1987 regal adapter, under $15. Dash speakers are 3.5", doors are 5.25", rears are 4x10". I don't like aftermarket decks but your car doesn't belong to me. I would recommend JBL GTO speakers, I had good luck with them. One extra note: I think these cars need a little bass to fill the sound out. A powered 8" bazooka tube is plenty - you won't hear to outside the car and you will like your system a lot more. Without it, it may sound thin or tinny.
Thanks for the response. I found some nice ken woods other Buick guys used. What about a head unit? That original unit is pretty darn big. I need something with an aux cord for iPod and etf.

3.5 jbl gto speakers fit? Even with the tweeter?

You have to mount them "under" the tabs instead of setting them down on top. You may also have to space them down more and make a little ring to do so. Wow I posted 3 months ago and just happened to be on and saw the quoted post.

You have to mount them "under" the tabs instead of setting them down on top. You may also have to space them down more and make a little ring to do so. Wow I posted 3 months ago and just happened to be on and saw the quoted post.

I just took out my Grand national out of storage, been in my garage for 13 years. Its running and has new wheels, just want to upgrade the speakers, ac delco radio has the same plagued issue that all 80s radio have so just got a new one and want a little better speaker

I just took out my Grand national out of storage, been in my garage for 13 years. Its running and has new wheels, just want to upgrade the speakers, ac delco radio has the same plagued issue that all 80s radio have so just got a new one and want a little better speaker

Over the years I've learned that speakers with higher efficiency ratings such as infinity reference series work better with lower powered head units without adding extra amps, but can handle some descent power if you do.
My first upgrade was installing better 4x10's and a 20 watt RMS X 2 amp and I was happy with the added bass for many years.