Looks like we're Norfolk VA Bound

gn86randy

No can......can
Any and all Advice is Wanted and Appreciated in advance (i.e. Drag Strips, Where to Stay Away from that type of info Thanks....)

Welcome to Norfolk!

All dragstrips are at least an hour away. There is one in petersburg (VA motorsports), richmond (Richmond Dragway) and Hertford N.C (Northeast Dragway). Northeast is a 1/8 mile track. Norfolk is not bad, it just depends on where you live. :D

Thanks

Gunner looks like we won't be over that way until NOV timeframe as far as where we are wanting to live, We are looking at Chesapeake Area to Buy a place how many GN/TR's over that way......

Not many TR's over this way that I know about. It seems like I pass by different TR's every other week :D . Maybe some of the guys on this board can chime in. I know Red over at Newport News always has a TR in his shop, that's how I always learn about new owners. I sold a few parts to some guys here but never heard anything from them. I also met a guy at a dyno meet that had a clean GN. Maybe I need to start taking my car up to Genro's to the saturday car show. Chesapeake is a great place to live but can be a bear in the morning and evening if your heading anywhere on 64. I'll be looking forward to meeting you. Gunner

Sounds Good no worries about long commute I am use to them being over here in hawaii and back in DC, I am mostly just concerned about decent neighbors and large yards for the Boy's (Cracker and Spot):cool: .....Golden and Flat Coat Retrievers those are my kids......I just drive and enjoy the GN'S not to knowledgeable Mechanical Wise so all help with connecting with the right people that know our cars in that area is helpful so, will definatly keep in touch, my MD MAGNA crew are only 4-5hrs away as well so We are anxious to get back that way...........

Hey Randy. I am near the Chesapeake, Va Beach border and Steve V is at the beach too. I am not sure how many are in this area. I saw a nice GN off on Indian River rd recently, but couldn't find out who belongs to it.

If you make it here early Nov, the tracks will still be open if weather permits.

Hello, we will be their Early NOV but will probably be busy buying another place and unpacking and all that good stuff we will have to meet up at the hooters and talk cars......

Hey Randy I just came from there before Hickam. I was at Langley AFB. It's not a bad area, lots to do. Traffic can be rough, and housing can be expensive. I loved in Gloucester, which was 45 miles north of Langley, but it put me that much closer to Maryland Internatonal in Budds Creek, which was the best track in the area IMHO. I raced at Richmond, but it is sorta rough, and the real short shut down is a pain too. VMP was OK but I could never hook there as well as MIR for some reason. Lotsa rice in the area, but they are tight on street racing in VA. It is a felony now, so be careful!

As far as housing goes, it is expensive, I am sure you have seen that. Suffolk is a good area and commute from Norfolk, some people even go south to Elizabeth City, NC to get some land and affordable housing. We'll get together when I get back!

And oh, there are like 7 hooters in the area. My favorite was General Booth (very hot chicks), and Williamsburg. The Broad St in Richmond is damn nice too! :cool:

You are not to far at all from Gbodyparts! Brian is in Ahoskie NC now!

Not many TR's over this way that I know about. It seems like I pass by different TR's every other week :D . Maybe some of the guys on this board can chime in. I know Red over at Newport News always has a TR in his shop, that's how I always learn about new owners. I sold a few parts to some guys here but never heard anything from them. I also met a guy at a dyno meet that had a clean GN. Maybe I need to start taking my car up to Genro's to the saturday car show. Chesapeake is a great place to live but can be a bear in the morning and evening if your heading anywhere on 64. I'll be looking forward to meeting you. Gunner

Genro's is still going!!! I never missed a saturday night there when I was living in Va Beach.

Genro's is still happening :D although everyone seems to be headed over to Hampton to the Bass Pro Shop parking lot. I went over and was impressed by the number of cars.

Sounds good MD is my home so MIR and Capitol Raceway, and the whole MD crew I use to hang out with MAGS then but think their MAGNA these days, SGRIM thats nice to know Brian is right down the road now instead of PA.....I am looking forward to getting back that way.....looking to live in chesapeake houses are reasonable, just a little worried about the whole commonwealth tax thing but will figure that out when we get over that way........

Hey Randy don't worry about Va taxes just emissions move where its not done. See you soon

I think they only test in Northern Va. Here in Va Beach, they have nearly a million people and not emissions testing.....yet.

Well thats good that they don't test em .......I recon I will be in the market for 3" cat when I get there.....

I am sure we could find one that you could use for a few hours !!! The guy at the inspection station said, "Damn, that exhaust is almost 3" " I said, Naw, it's 3 1/2" !!!!!!

I just have a 3" THDP, Brian I will be looking you up when I get over that way for a 2 1/2" Exhaust, will have to make a drive down your way to talk story....

Hey Randy, Richmond Dragway is the closest 1/4 mile track to the area...Looking forward to meeting you after the move....Tracy