Louder Exhaust?

CiceroGN

Hey guys! Sooo, I searched the site and can't come to a conclusion. I don't race my car but i'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions for brand/type of cat back exhaust that would make the car perform a little better and just as importantly make it sound more aggressive than stock? If that's even possible. I know it won't rumble the neighbors (but if it can, let me know, lol). Thanks in advance!

Dumping the exhaust before the rear end will give you the rumble you're looking for, but it will also create a drone at highway speed. I have Hooker super comp mufflers dumped before the rear axle and it's enough to vibrate the garage door when still inside. Honestly, I'd like to add tail pipes to get rid of the drone, but it's not too bad...or maybe I'm just use to it. Check out a short idle video and turn the sound up.

Go with a single shot, or the 3" dual exhaust available from vendor. I got tired of the single shot myself, threw set of pypes eith race pro mufflers, perfect for me.

I have pypes with no cat. Sounds nice with no drone. Not too loud at all but much throatier than stock. My son's car has flowmasters and is louder but has drone big time.....but he is young and doesnt mind it.

i have the gn1 3" duals. my car was 95% stock. usual mad injectors upgrade and cold air kit. i did 3" rjc pipe w the exhaust and no tail pipes. sounded mean! wish the gf loved the sound as much as i did. i finally installed the tail pipes. still a great sound the it was bad ass b4

The GN1 3in exhaust is louder than Pypes 2.5in, although if you did a muffler delete, that would increase the decibels I'm sure.

I'm curious... Why would you want the car to be loud?

That's not what a Turbo Regal is all about. They are supposed to be a sleeper or stealth car. Unassuming appearance (unless you know better), comfortable, quiet & quick.

The Pypes 2.5" system with the Race Pro mufflers would most likely suite you just fine.

I'm curious... Why would you want the car to be loud?

That's not what a Turbo Regal is all about. They are supposed to be a sleeper or stealth car. Unassuming appearance (unless you know better), comfortable, quiet & quick.

The Pypes 2.5" system with the Race Pro mufflers would most likely suite you just fine.
Exactly. Why make it louder?? :confused: Louder does not = faster! I have nothing against making it faster but quieter. My car has a good 3" dual stainless steel exhaust system but it's still too loud for me…:rolleyes:

Claude.

cat_back4.jpg

http://buickgn.com/CatBack.htm

Nuff said! Not really that much louder when idling or cruising but sure does wake up when you get on it. New style tail pipes make it even easier to install. My system is about 6 years old and still looks great. I did recently convert over to the new tailpipes just to see how they fit and it is much better than the original design. Highly recommend the use of the optional band clamps I sell.

Nuff said! Not really that much louder when idling or cruising but sure does wake up when you get on it. New style tail pipes make it even easier to install. My system is about 6 years old and still looks great. I did recently convert over to the new tailpipes just to see how they fit and it is much better than the original design. Highly recommend the use of the optional band clamps I sell.
-->That's the system I have which I was talking about in my previous message. It's a great system, almost no restriction, fits great good quality but... still too loud (for my taste).

Claude.

P.S: Mark, what's different with the "new style" tailpipes? Pics to compare older vs. newer?

-->That's the system I have which I was talking about in my previous message. It's a great system, almost no restriction, fits great good quality but... still too loud (for my taste).

Claude.

P.S: Mark, what's different with the "new style" tailpipes? Pics to compare older vs. newer?

I'm with you Claude on that system great looking/sounding.... But too loud for me and it drones on my car. I am also interested in the new mounting as I have the system with pictured mounts.

Plan on switching to Pypes system once my relocation is complete.

I'm with you Claude on that system great looking/sounding.... But too loud for me and it drones on my car. I am also interested in the new mounting as I have the system with pictured mounts.

Plan on switching to Pypes system once my relocation is complete.
I've never seen the Pypes system so I can't comment on it. I don't plan to replace my system but I'm curious as to what it looks like, (Stainless steel.? how does it fit? etc…)

Claude.

I installed my Pypes with the Violator muffler option about 4-6 weeks ago. Not loud enough for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have old schoool SS ATR dual 3's, similiar to the TR custom dual 3, its probably as loud as it'll get, short of a single 4 with no mufflers. What ever you get, get stainless. Mine are 16 yrs old, like new.

I highly recommend getting a $30 cutout from summit or a bolt in one with whatever exhaust you get. I ran my dump open all the time and the turbo sounds Insane! I just run an open downpipe now :D