Low Compression on #1

Wagondraggin

2nd ugliest car on d site
Hey Guys,
I've never posted on this board but I figure I'd give it shot.

I have a 1982 Volvo with an '84 Hot Air Buick Motor in it.

It has been running great and I've been running alcohol through with 18 psi of boost and no knock.

I've recently installed a 75 shot of nitrous which allowed it to reach 8.0 flat in the 1/8th, but halfway through pass 1 I noticed that my boost was buried above 20psi and the knock sensor suddenly malfunctioned, I quickly let off just to notice it's too late, there has been some sort of damage. I ran 100 octane with alcohol on that pass with the nitrous A/F showed 1.04Volts.

Here are the symptons, it idles pretty normal, not too rough.
When you initially throttle it, it sputters alittle bit (indicating a low cylinder) however under boost, it sounds like a Turbo Buick ( also sounds normal at high rpms) but only initially though.

Now the car doesn't smoke through the exhaust pipe at all, but the dipstick tube is "pulsing" blowby, quickly filling up my catch can (goes through a quart every couple days!) but like I said the car still runs pretty much normal.

Did I blow a head gasket or worse? I've always been careful running turbo cars but I never noticed symptoms like this.

I really like this car and I don't want to scrap it because of something so small and ridiculous.

Thanks for your help,

Frank

www.lvracingscene.com

look under videos and "Volvo hitting Wall"

Hit the wall and still ran a 13.7

I forgot to mention
I tested Compression on it cold (I'm kinda big boned so it's hard to get to the plugs from where they are)

and it goes

1 80

I don't know exactly how it's numbered but 1 is the passenger side one that's closest to the front of the car, and 2 is the driver side that's closest to the front, and 3 is the one on the passenger side that's second closest etc. etc.

Thanks again.