Low oil pressure?

ALblackT

Running valvoline synpower 10w30. Cold start, I'm at 55 psi at idle in park at 1k rpm. That lasts under 10 mins. Cruising at 60 after warm up at 2k rpm I'm getting just under 25 psi.
After a while of riding around, steady 170s coolant temp, at a light I've seen 10 lbs of pressure maybe even slightly less.

Different oil maybe?
Time for a pump?
Or the worst, is it motor time?
Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

60psi cold start 30-40 at cruise 10-20 hot idle is fairly normal numbers. Try adding the RJC biggie oil filter adapter for a little more static pressure.

Old timers will tell you 10 psi per 1k rpm. And I like to always be better than that. But if you guys say it should be ok then I'll breathe a little easier. I'll add the adapter to my rjc list. It's getting long quick.:)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

37 psi. at 2400 rpm is the factory number, anything close to that relax.

Add a quart of this and you should get there. :cool::D

It works for me in the GN in the summer. :p

A kenne bell type booster plate and the RJC biggie oil adapter are good on drivers. :)

DSC01720.jpg

Run it. If you're happy with the cruise numbers get a RJC biggie adapter kit and that'll get you a few more pounds at idle.

With your current setup are you running the factory short oil filter o the longer one? Also, please say you're not running a Fram or a Delco filter on there...

If so, toss it and get a Pure One, Wix, Baldwin, NAPA Gold, or Mobil1 filter for a 94 S-10 4.3 VIN "W".

Run it. If you're happy with the cruise numbers get a RJC biggie adapter kit and that'll get you a few more pounds at idle.

With your current setup are you running the factory short oil filter o the longer one? Also, please say you're not running a Fram or a Delco filter on there...

If so, toss it and get a Pure One, Wix, Baldwin, NAPA Gold, or Mobil1 filter for a 94 S-10 4.3 VIN "W".

Those are direct fits Earl? Might have to try this

Yes. The easiest way to get a filter from the 'parts men' when you have a biggie is to order that way. Giving them the part number confuses most of them.

The way I know is I have a 94 S10 Blazer with a 4.3 VIN "W" and just happened to noticed it's the same filter as the long units :D

Can't say enough about the Delco filters being junk these days. The last PF52 that I took of the car had a failed anti-drainback mechanism. I usually puncture the diaphragm and drain the trapped oil but this one drained itself instantly. I only run WIX/Napa Gold now. They can be had pretty cheap, especially in bulk, on Amazon with the "Free Super Saver Shipping" option. Bought six last go around.