Lowered with stock rims

CalgaryGN

Does anyone have pics of a lowered 87 GN with 275/60/15 rears ? If so what all did you use to lower the car and also make the tires fit ?

Yep!

Does anyone have pics of a lowered 87 GN with 275/60/15 rears ? If so what all did you use to lower the car and also make the tires fit ?

I'm about the only one that I know of that's pulled it off with out notching the frame or having the tires rub. It took a bit of creativity, but it's totaly doable. It just takes time and money.

My car has 1" lower (and stiffer) springs at all four corners. I run stock GN rims. The rears have been widened to 8" with a 4" BS. With the taller 28" tire out back, this brings the back end back up to stock hight, with a big tire tucked under the fender. The front has a stock size tire and rim, but sits 1" lower than stock. This set up gives the car a very slight rake, with out looking "stink-bug".

My car has HR LCAs, and Metco alum adj UCAs to keep the rear end from slopping around and rubbing. The adj uppers also allows me to readjust pinion angle and center the rear end, tires, and rims between the frame rails and fender lips. Note: These cars were not very centered from the factory. I run about 8 psi in the air bags. This isn't enough to raise the car. It's just enough to not let things bottom out, or rub when I have a car full of freinds, and hit a bump. Fender lip is NOT rolled. However, I did have to grind about 3/16" off around the top edge so things wouldn't rub. I blended it back to "0" gradually so you can't tell, even if you look under the fender.

My car does 1.50 short times, while going 10.87 @122 mph. Handles great on the street too.:cool:

P1010012.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Mike, did you use the Eibach lowering coils? Also does having your car lowered an inch help reduce body roll?

Mike, did you use the Eibach lowering coils? Also does having your car lowered an inch help reduce body roll?

Can't remember whos springs they are. they were on the car when I got it. Springs are bright blue.

Mike B.

mines a little lower than that...looks awesome IMO...C'line Convo Pros with a 275/60 on the back and a vw radial on the front 4" wheels.

looks sweet!!

I'm about the only one that I know of that's pulled it off with out notching the frame or having the tires rub. It took a bit of creativity, but it's totaly doable. It just takes time and money.

My car has 1" lower (and stiffer) springs at all four corners. I run stock GN rims. The rears have been widened to 8" with a 4" BS. With the taller 28" tire out back, this brings the back end back up to stock hight, with a big tire tucked under the fender. The front has a stock size tire and rim, but sits 1" lower than stock. This set up gives the car a very slight rake, with out looking "stink-bug".

My car has HR LCAs, and Metco alum adj UCAs to keep the rear end from slopping around and rubbing. The adj uppers also allows me to readjust pinion angle and center the rear end, tires, and rims between the frame rails and fender lips. Note: These cars were not very centered from the factory. I run about 8 psi in the air bags. This isn't enough to raise the car. It's just enough to not let things bottom out, or rub when I have a car full of freinds, and hit a bump. Fender lip is NOT rolled. However, I did have to grind about 3/16" off around the top edge so things wouldn't rub. I blended it back to "0" gradually so you can't tell, even if you look under the fender.

My car does 1.50 short times, while going 10.87 @122 mph. Handles great on the street too.:cool:

P1010012.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

very nice!