Lowering the rear with Spring kit from DNS???

dbranco

Bought a kit a while ago and finally installing in the rear..
Question is how is the 2" shorter spring going to stay in the pocket if the suspension ever get fully unsprung?
Should the struts also be 2" shorter than stock?
The ones I got are the same length and when I put the car on the lift the springs fall out!!

Not a mechanic but that does not sound right?

Usually your suspension will never get un-sprung unless you get the car in the air..... I ran the DSE 2" drop coil springs for years and that whole time we threw the car around some pretty challenging auto-crosses and BAER brake speed/stop challenges and Never had an issue....

I was thinking maybe some limiting straps like they use for off road tricks? Just worried about it, when I pit on lift which seems like a lot lately that I will need to make sure the springs are seated. Also I thought with c5 caliper the shock mount did not need to be relocated?? Can I pull the metal boot off the shock? With that off it would clear. Is that even possible to remove the metal boot?

Usually your suspension will never get un-sprung unless you get the car in the air..... I ran the DSE 2" drop coil springs for years and that whole time we threw the car around some pretty challenging auto-crosses and BAER brake speed/stop challenges and Never had an issue....

You could try those limiting straps if you want, I never did cause there was never an issue unless the car was in the air.... The Monte Carlo SS had a different spring mount, they had a cup like piece where they kept the springs from doing that. Why Buick didn't do the same is beyond me.....

Maybe some of the C5 guru's will chime in to help you with that C5 question.... I never fooled with them on a Buick. I wouldn't go taking that metal boot off the shock though, I would relocate the lower shock mount instead....

Last edited: