lowering vs. stock

inkcushion

I need parts to go fast
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience withlowering vs. stock ? If you lower say1 inch or so does it really effect your luanch capabilities I was thinking if I lower my car ,going witha pinion snubber and airbags,,will this make a difference as well? Also what size slick can be run on stockers with the car lowered 1or 1.5 inches with airbags or drag radials? any input would be appreciated Thanks Alan

My t-type is lowered about 1 inch vs. stock. 275/60's fit fine on the stock rims and I don't have a real problems getting it to hook after I found out all the secrets.

There are plus' and minus'. Lowering the back can actually improve the geometry, while front lower springs can have a negative impact on front end travel if they are short and stiff. Suffice to say, there are so many things that have major inffluences on getting a car to hook, that if the car hooks now, lowering it 1 to 2 inches probably won't change that.

Ditto...

I mapped out the rear suspension the other day. Car is lowered about an inch. Lowering pulled the instant center of my car from some point behind the car to behind the front wheels.

The stiffer front springs are a negative but I have seen some that launch pretty well in spite of that.

My 275s fit easily within the wells with 8" x 4" b.s.

oh...pinion snubber...I think they may cause more problems than they cause. I would not change from the stock unit. I think they can load and unload the rear and cause squirrelly launches if you are making some power. That is my experience, at any rate. :)