LS1 maf

"More Boost"

Major Member
what do i need electrically to install a lS1 maf, i am replacing stock maf unit. i have a trans. gen2. both maf units are 3-wire. do they basically wire up the same way? grnd./signal/+ ?

LS1 MAF Installation

If you've got a GenII Tanslator and an 3.5" LS1 MAF already, you'll also require a 3pin late model GM plug to 3pin GN socket adapter to be able to connect this MAF to your Buick....you can get this from Full Throttle (part # 050BUICKADAPT)List Price: $23.99 EACH

What MAF Pipe are you using? May be a good time to get rid of your stock flex pipe set up.....You may wish to upgrade to a hard maf pipe in either 3" or preferably 3.5" in your case as this will match your set up perfectly....then you'll need the 3.5" silicone cplgs or reducers to adapt to this pipe too. While you're spending some money...might as well get his 4" cold air intake kit to finish off with a bang. You can get the MAF pipe and the rest of the stuff req'd from Mark Hueffman at TR Custom Parts (www.buickgn.com).

Once you go this route you'll be very happy and won't look back!

Good Luck!

dave

Attachments

• 050BUICKADAPT_100.jpg
    050BUICKADAPT_100.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 163
i do not have adapter harness. i bought everything from fullthrottle here on this board. maf (new) in box. can never get ahold of anyone there to talk to. they could probably sell alot more parts if i could.

While you're spending some money...might as well get his 4" cold air intake kit to finish off with a bang. You can get the MAF pipe and the rest of the stuff req'd from Mark Hueffman at TR Custom Parts (www.buickgn.com).

Once you go this route you'll be very happy and won't look back!

Good Luck!

dave

already have big mouth kit from mark :biggrin:

"you can get this from Full Throttle (part # 050BUICKADAPT)List Price: $23.99 EACH" thanks davpar, much appreciated

Any of you guys have trouble fitting that setup under the a/c lines with an k&n cone? My a/c lines are up against the hood insulation way too tight

I just rotate the MAF pipe a few degrees and it points down enough to get away from the lines.

I really can't move the maf pipe at all because the alternator bolt that also holds the intercooler bracket is too long the maf pipe actually rests on it.

You need to get it off of there or get some rubber between it and the pipe. It will wear through pretty quickly.

Have you tried loosening the coupler at the turbo and pulling the pipe forward? There's a few degrees of play there.