LSPBC Hill Country Cruise & Picnic

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
The Lone Star Performance Buick Club will be cruising down to EJ's place in Johnson city on Saturday November 7th. We will be meeting at the Loves Truck Stop in Midlothian. Hwy 67 and Hwy 287 at 9 am in the morning and arriving at EJ's in the early afternoon.

Our route out of the DFW area will be Hwy 67 south to Hico,TX pick up Hwy 281 all the way to Johnson City
Address is 3464 Flat Creek Rd Johnson City 78636

We will have a cook out and a car show Open to any kind vehicle. There will be awards for best in each class. All is free you just have to show up. :) There should be plenty of food and drink but you are welcome to bring whatever.

I even thought about having a Horseshoe tournament? :)

Everyone here is invited! Buick or non Buick it doesn't matter this event is open to everyone!

Motel Info There is a Best Western about 5 miles from EJ's place if you wish to stay overnight.
Best Western
107 Hwy 281 & 290
Johnson City, Tx 78636
830-868-4044

Also there is the Hill Country Inn Johnson City

EJ, checked it out the other day, pretty much like Rubys very basic but for one
night should be ok, best price in the area, 2 queen beds in each room.
regular price 49.95 +tax
if we block 5 rooms, 44.95 +tax
more than 5 rooms 42.50 + tax
most motels in this area are 90.00 + per night
address is 203 so. us 281 johnson city 78636
phone 830-868-2614 830-868-4152
fax 830-868-4540

If you make a reservation here please let them know you are with the Buick club!

You do not have to RSVP but we would like to get a estimate of who is coming out.
You can post up here or on the LSPBC list or Houston Buick list.

Thanks,
David Newton
LSPBC Pres.

We will be leaving DFW on Hwy 67 south to Hico, TX pick up Hwy 281 all the way to Johnson City.

If you wanted to hook up with the caravan you could go 35 S to Waco go West on Hwy 84 to Hwy 281 and meet up in the area of Evant.

Or you can backtrack on 35 North take 35W towards Ft. Worth and hit hwy 67 in Keene and meet us there.

I'll probibly be working but if you guys wanna stop in Hillsnowhere I'm sure there will be some lookers if you drive through town.:biggrin: Get off at HWY 22 exit and go through town as a group and someone will have a fit.:eek: I'd love to see that myself. You could even stop by and say hi and help getting people to come in since we're in a very visable location. That would be cool for sure. We even have a local that has a 3800 series II SC fiero that might join in with you for some fun. I saw it last night and told him to come and look at the forum since we have a 3800 section.

I thought there would be more interest????????????? This should be a good time! Most everyone here has attended a Bash at EJ's in the past when he was in Conroe, this should be something similar :D

Free food and free car show! Nice awards will be given as well! All are invited any kind of vehicle. Spread the word to all other forums etc.

I talked to E.J. yesterday. I will get Dan to post this on the HBC website. Hope to get a group together & come up. See you there. :)

The Lone Star Performance Buick Club will be cruising down to EJ's place in Johnson city on Saturday November 7th. We will be leaving the DFW area around 8-9 am in the morning and arriving at EJ's in the early afternoon.

Our route out of the DFW area will be Hwy 67 south to Hico,TX pick up Hwy 281 all the way to Johnson City

We will have a cook out and a car show Open to any kind vehicle. There will be awards for best in each class. All is free you just have to show up. :) There should be plenty of food and drink but you are welcome to bring whatever.

I even thought about having a Horseshoe tournament? :)

Everyone here is invited! Buick or non Buick it doesn't matter.

You do not have to RSVP but we would like to get a estimate of who is coming out.
You can post up here or on the LSPBC list or Houston Buick list.

Thanks,
David Newton
LSPBC Pres.

I'll try to make it up from San Antonio. Since I won't be in the carpool, how can I find E.J.'s place?

Rob

Ej's address may not be picked up by the Garmin because they just built it. About 45 minutes from North San Antonio. Hope my schedule is good to make this one.

Hill Country Inn Johnson City

I checked it out the other day, pretty much like Rubys very basic but for one
night should be ok, best price in the area, 2 queen beds in each room.
regular price 49.95 +tax
if we block 5 rooms, 44.95 +tax
more than 5 rooms 42.50 + tax
most motels in this area are 90.00 + per night
address is 203 so. us 281 johnson city 78636
phone 830-868-2614 830-868-4152
fax 830-868-4540
EJ

view from our porch

come on down!!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg