M/T Drag Radials vs Nitto 555Rs

Sheriff_Austin

Scenario:

Unfortunately, where I am located in SoCal, the nearest 1/4 strip is 90 miles away, so its likely to say I wont be visiting a strip too much. I want to be able to take drives that distance on a weekend, though, with some local driving during the week.

Im thinking NT555r's, as they seem a bit more durable than the MTs in a daily driver sense.

Feedback from those that have used both, or some expertise on the subject would be great. Thanks!

Mickey Thompson DR or the M&H DR. I have never seen anyone prefer the Nitto over the MT traction wise.

I have personally had both. The MT's hook better at the track, are SCARY in the rain, and dont last as long. Nitto's require a big burnout to hook good at the track, drive fine in the rain, and last a really long time for a drag radial. If it will see limited track time I would go with the Nitto's. Once again the MT's ARE DANGEROUS IN THE RAIN!!!!

Nittos just dont hook anywhere near like MTs do

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

if your looking for street duty then i think the nitto wins hands down. i just had a set put on my car on my gta's 150 a tire free shipping and it cost 46 bones to get mounted and balanced. so roughly 350 for drag radials? cant beat it in my opinion. logically its m/t>nitto>regular radial but you would be surprised they dont hook to bad if you heat them (but still no mickey)

I run Nitto 555s on my D/D & have forever,
great D/R for streets, haven't been to the track.
acceptable in rain if you have tread, long lasting for a D/R

Do_O

I have personally had both. The MT's hook better at the track, are SCARY in the rain, and dont last as long. Nitto's require a big burnout to hook good at the track, drive fine in the rain, and last a really long time for a drag radial. If it will see limited track time I would go with the Nitto's. Once again the MT's ARE DANGEROUS IN THE RAIN!!!!

I have ran both also and totally agree. I switched from MT's to Toyo r888's on one of my cars and it was a pretty good mix.