M/T Sportsman or ET front

Philv6

I'm thinking about getting a new set of tires for the front. It would be a strip only tire. I've narrowed the search down to a wide/heavy 28x7.5 sportsman or a skinny 27.5x4.5 ET front. I would like a stable tire. Would the ET front control the car as well as a Sportsman tire in an emergency type maneuver?

If you are going to be street driving and want a stable skinny tire, then get the Sportsman front. It is specifically designed for street use.

6721573.jpg

The ET Fronts and others like it are not intended for street use as they will wear out quicker and have very soft side walls. You will thank yourself for getting the Sportsmans the first time you have to panic stop or get caught in a rain storm.
HTH

Patrick

I have run both on track only cars and from now on will stick with the Sportsman even though it's a heavier tire. The reason is my Sportsman tires lasted about twice as long as the ET front runners. Handling felt the same running mid 9's at 140+ mph.
Seems funny that which such low miles and very little weight on them most of the time, that they would wear out as fast as they do.:frown: