Made a new cheap part today

larry33kc

Here ya go. The cruise servo has always drove me crazy for being ugly so I fixed it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

How much? Keep it cheap enuf and I'll take one. Get to fab'ing up some more lol

Kinda looks like a chrome oil filter cover. I usually just use some black satin plastic spray paint on the housing. Picture looks good!

Yep it's a cheap $5 oil filter cover that I had lying around. I used the same thing for my fan motor cover also
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice!…(y) How is it held? It would look even nicer with one of Kirban's cover which hides the other half of the unit (covers the rubber "cone")...

Claude. ;)

Nice!…(y) How is it held? It would look even nicer with one of Kirban's cover which hides the other half of the unit (covers the rubber "cone")...

Claude. ;)

Thanks.
It's held in by being a really tight fit, and the servo mounting bracket. I had to sand the servo in several places to get it to fit.
I would like to find some chrome plugs to cover the screw access holes but all in all I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
I need to look up the Kirbans cover for the front.

I looked on Kirbans site and couldn't find the chrome cover. I will have to email him about it.

Here's an update.
I made a post looking for the servo cover and no dice. Called Kirban and other venders that used to carry them and again no dice.

Then someone have me a link to a corvette supplier that had some and it looked that would work.
Well the vette cover is not the same, it is way bigger. It is a 5" dia. cover.

But in a strange twist of fate a member here was given a cover from a friend only to find that his cover was way to small. So he contacted me and we discovered that some how someone installed a corvette servo on his car.
Walla, bim bam boom. We swapped and now we both have cruise controll covers that fit.

Here's the finished project. Sorry it's a little dirty. Looks a lot better when polished up.
image.jpg
image.jpg