Maf pro problems

qwic87gn

I just did 60lb injectors and the maf pro w/pro chip. After hooking everything up and powering on the unit, I noticed the stock boost gauge was showing 12psi. I'm assuming this is right...is it?

Also, the car would start but run horrible. It jumps around from 500-1200 rpm and dies after giving it any throttle. So for those of you that have this or know about this setup, what do ya think?

I appreciate it.

Is your chip set up for those injectors? Also have you disconnect the maf to see how it runs to rule it out.

The chip was supposed to burned for those injectors. The maf is disconnected, like it is supposed to be.

It is running very rich. Going off of the quick setup in the maf pro instructions, the settings are where they should be.

I wonder if something should be changed from these settings?

Is it possible that something in the wiring is crossed or just incorrect?

qwic87gn said:
I just did 60lb injectors and the maf pro w/pro chip. After hooking everything up and powering on the unit, I noticed the stock boost gauge was showing 12psi. I'm assuming this is right...is it?

Also, the car would start but run horrible. It jumps around from 500-1200 rpm and dies after giving it any throttle. So for those of you that have this or know about this setup, what do ya think?

I appreciate it.

Is the stock boost gauge showing 12 psi all the time?

Sounds like somethings not right in the MAP sensor wiring. You should double check them.

Check the MP sensor display, it should read near 100 with the engine off, and 40 ish when idling. Also check the TPS reading

In a speed density system, all fuel delivery is based on the MAP sensor, so any problem with the MAP sensor signal will make it run badly.

Post back with your findings.

Bob

It turned out that the ground on the 6 pin connector was not making contact with the original ground.

It was showing 273 on the map reading. Now I'm at 85 engine off and 30 at idle. Is this adequate?

Thanks for your help along with Mike's. :D

Somewhere around 4400'. It still runs rough compared to before the Pro and injectors. Anything else I should look into?

you should check the INT readings on the scantool and tune the pro accordingly. Let me know what you find.

That MAP reading is about right for that altitude.

Bob