MAF #'s

1970gsx

I just switched to the LT1 MAF and regular translator. I finally went for a blast light night just to check some numbers and only got 252 for my MAF #'s. I could never really peg my old rebuilt MAF either and thought that may have been because it wasn't calibrated correctly. This was with 23#'s of boost, so I should be able to peg 255 for sure, right? So my question is, should the LT1 MAF peg at 255 and if so, any suggestions on getting this problem fixed?

You can open up the Translator box and turn up the WOT to a richer setting and that should help.

Regards,
Eric

Originally posted by 1970gsx
I just switched to the LT1 MAF and regular translator. I finally went for a blast light night just to check some numbers and only got 252 for my MAF #'s. I could never really peg my old rebuilt MAF either and thought that may have been because it wasn't calibrated correctly. This was with 23#'s of boost, so I should be able to peg 255 for sure, right? So my question is, should the LT1 MAF peg at 255 and if so, any suggestions on getting this problem fixed?

No there is no guarantee on what any one car with report on the MAF. It's also partcially dependent on the chip as to what the limits are in what the ecm uses.

At 250ish your in the game, and just go on from there.

Thanks for the replies. I just was trying to make sure I don't have a bottleneck somewhere impeading flow.

Extender Chip

As Bruce alludes, You still have the option of the extender chip, which, as I'm sure you already know, will halve the MAF reading to allow the PCM to still make fuel adjustments at WOT. :)

I'm sure you need a chip that will allow 255 + MAF numbers. The Extender chip allows the ECM to read above stock numbers as of some others on the market I'm sure.
Twiddling with the settings in the Translator box isn't going to change the additional numbers, those are more for fine tunning.

Yes, I do know about the extender. My concern was if I can't even max out the MAF's now, the extender wouldn't help.

Good idea 2 QK 4 U ! I haven't dropped the boost down at all to check. I love running all that boost. I'll drop it down to 18#'s or so on my way home and see if it reaches 252. That way I know i'm maxing it out.

No problem. It's more trial and error with these cars than anything when you're tracking down a complex. One thing leads to another and another and so on.

One other thing; Wouldnt' hurt to see what your TPS reading is engine OFF key ON pedal to floor. Good Luck!