Maf translator

mike lee

Need some honest feed back I am thinking of going with translator and 3 inch maf I know sensors are reliable but what about translator does it code if there are problems is it sensitive to heat or cold? also can unit be mounted in car near ecm any feed back would be great thanks Mike:confused:

GenII Translator

Hey Mike,

My personal recommendation is to go with Full Throttles "GenII" Translator. It mounts inside the car (I've got mine installed in the glove compartment). For a real simple installation, go with Caspers' Plug N Play harness.....no need to cut any wires.....

The GenII will allow you to adjust + or - both fuel and timing from the comfort of your car and will also work with a wide band O2 sensor should you decide to go with this at some point in time.

Works well with the 3" LT1, 3 1/2" LS1 and 85mm (Z-06) MAF's. Of course you'll also need a properly matched chip (extender extreme or Turbo Tweak), and injectors too.

Got sick and tired of stock MAF's crapping out on me. So changed over to this.
Best bang for my buck that I ever spent on the Buick. Once you go this route, you'll never look back!

dave

Attachments

• GenII & Z06 maf 005.jpg
    GenII & Z06 maf 005.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 208
  • GenII & Z06 maf 007.jpg
    GenII & Z06 maf 007.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 214
Thanks for info and pictures will I need to do any thing with chip I am using a Caspers thumb wheel with 50#s!! Did you notice a real performance gain or is just to get away freo the ****ty old maf? Thanks Mike:confused:

I don't think you will see any performance gain compared to a stock one that is working correctly. But, you will gain reliability and the ability to do some added tuning and the wide availability of the mafs. I have been running the same Translator and maf for 8 or 10 years and 50k miles without a single problem or hitch.

GenII Tanslator

Mike,

I would agree with the others, that although you may not feel a seat of the pants performance gain vs a properly working stock MAF.......you will gain 1) reliabiltiy (as these LT-1/LS-1/85mm Z-06 MAF's don't crap out on you), 2) you now have tons of adjustability over a wide range of rpm's and can add or subtract fuel, timing and have wide band compatibility), 3)plenty of availability of these MAFs. 4) with the extender extreme chip it fools your system by allowing your ECM to see 3 x the air flow numbers of your stock MAF...ie 765 gram per second vs the stock GM MAF of 255 grams per second at WOT.
Did I say better tunability!

Although I don't have any way of measuring it, I would have to say that I believe my car idles and runs smoother than it did when I had the stock set up on it.

After your initial PURCHA$E of these items, you don't have to keep throwing away money again and again on stock maf's that crap out or don't work properly.

All I can say is that I'm very pleased with my set up and would highly recommend it to anyone who is sitting on the fence.

dave