MaftPro running RICH!

Boostin TA

Okay I need someone to point me in the right direction as to what I need to do. I finally got my TTA running but now the car idles like its running on 4 cylindars and is sooo rich that it bellows black smoke out the exhaust. Scanmaster is reading o2's between 130-240. Reving the car up still acts as if its "missing" No codes set. Map is reading approx 97-98 at idle. I tried adding and subtracting fuel in the Lo tune field at the low RPM range. I also tried putting after start up to 15, no difference. I also added and subtracted fuel from the main menu function. Absoulty no difference. I am not running a wide band. I have the Maft Pro set for speed density. Fuel psi is adjusted to 45 (I even cranked it down to 38psi and no real difference) I have the extender pro chip. Im at a loss as to where to start or what to adjust as I have never played with a self tuning device. I never let the car get into closed loop and warmed up as it is running so poorly I did not want it to contimate the oil. But it is so rich that the exhaust was burning my eyes! The car seriously acts like its idling and running on 4 cylindars and has a heavy missfire, however the car was running perfectly before switching over the the maftpro. Any Ideas as to what to adjust?

As I posted over on Full Throttle, your MAP reading is all wrong. It is reading correctly if you were key on, engine off. ~98. However, it should be reading MUCH lower if the engine is idling (30-35 in park/neutral)!!!!! That's why it's running so rich!!!!

Good place to start is to ask for you to post ALL your TransPro settings>>>>>

It's as thought your MAP sensor is reading atmosphere without being hooked to the car???

Okay heres a full run down of the readings at idle: Not sure what or why my map is reading what it is.

MP 98.2
DC 103.4
AFL 20-32 toggling
AFI 0
VE 76-78 toggling
FI 0
FU 51-54
UT -.5
TPS .38
BD 0
MT 58.8
FE 100
ASC 100
AFR 0
CF100
TAF 11.5
SPK 15
BA 98.8
BP -.1
Ax1 0
TM 0
RS 0

Why do ya think my MAP is reading so crazy? Do I have to splice or hook up any other wires into the maftpro? I currently just have the green wire on the MAP spliced into the green wire on the 6pin pro connector.

post your MAP (MP) reading with key on, engine off

where is the vacuum hose from the MAP sensor connected?

MP should be 98 or so with the engine off (atmospheric pressure) and 35-40 with the engine idling (engine vacuum)

ALL of the fueling is DIRECTLY controlled by the MAP sensor reading. Its vital that it work properly.

Bob

Once again Bob you da man. I double checked my vac connection from the map sensor and I have a T in it for my boost gauge and I must of knocked off the line going to the intake manifold for vacuum. Soon as I reatached it and started it up it ran 1000 times better and a nice smooth idle. Now the MP was toggling between 34-39. I only let it run for 20seconds as to not get the neighbors to angry at 10:30 at night :) But I will play with it and take it for a test spin tomorrow. Thanks for all your help with this!

It runs and drives great!!! I took it out for about a 5-7 mile test drive and just on the stock settings out of the box the car feels great!! My stock MAF used to max out and it used to fall off in the high rpms and now it is a strong consistant pull from the second I lay into it. Now I just got to wait for mother nature to cooperate fully so I can spend a saturday afternoon tuning it and dialing it in. I set the boost down to only 14psi just to be safe and make sure everything was okay...but now its time to turn it up and see what this baby can do now! Im thinking of pulling out more timing and going with more boost as my car seems to react better to boost than timing. Any thoughts?