MaftPro Translator setup

Boostin TA

This is for all the TTA guys out there running the Maftpro on their cars with the casper plug and play harness for a GN. What all is needed to get this hooked up correctly? I have everything plugged in properly, and the chip for the maftpro from full throttle. I called caspers and they told me that I need to wire in the seperate 6 pin harness that came with the maftpro and tap that directly into the MAP wiring. Anyone out there have the maftpro installed on a TTA? The problem I am having is a crank no start. And the Maftpro is only reading 1.1 for the MP sensor instead of 98-100. For full details see the scan tool tech section.

Thanks guys

Okay so I believe I am on the right path now. I need to tie in my MAP sensor circuit to the green, black and red wire on the 8 pin connector to the maftpro. And after searching Hi and low in my tta manual supplement, All data and Mitchell on demand I am unable to locate a wiring diagram for the MAP sensor at the connector under the dash. Anyone out there know the TTA wiring for the MAP or what colors they may be? I dont really want to slice the wires in the engine compartment. I want to try to keep it as clean looking as possible.

I posted something over on Full Throttle. Take a look and let me know if it makes any sense.

Tie it into the center wire on the 3 bar MAP. Its by the firewall.. or take your dash apart and when you pull the instrument cluster, you'll see the 3 prong connector.

Now.. some TTA's will have a voltage reducing plug between the factory harness and the 3 bar. It drops the voltage to the 3 bar from 5 to 4.6 and this was done to Zero out the factory boost guage. That needs to be removed if the car has it so the 3 bar MAP has 5 volts on the gray wire feeding it power. You can use a simple digital voltmeter and confirm the 5 volts. This has to be done with the MAP sensor plugged in. Just pierce the gray colored wire.

HTH

Julio

3 bar will read 1.6 volts DC key "ON" the center terminal(green wire)

Update. I measured voltage from pin A to ground. reads 0. I also noticed though on the opposite side of pin A there is no wire feed from my white connector? When I measured B to G there was 5 volts with key on engine off.

When measuring the 6 pin connector on the maft pro the green wire to red wire reads 5 volt and then the green wire to the other port (there is no wire in the upper left port closest to the seriral port) reads 0.

Julio
Good information! My car did have that extra harness in there, and the values were off exactly what you said. I have always wondered what that little harness extension was supposed to be for! but now my gray wire at the MAP is reading 5 volts and the green wire was reading 1.586v.

So do I have to tap the center green wire on the MAP sensor into the red wire at pin A in the black connector on the plug and play harness? Or is it the green wire on the plug and play. Or am I lost all together? LOL

Update. I measured voltage from pin A to ground. reads 0. I also noticed though on the opposite side of pin A there is no wire feed from my white connector? When I measured B to G there was 5 volts with key on engine off.

When measuring the 6 pin connector on the maft pro the green wire to red wire reads 5 volt and then the green wire to the other port (there is no wire in the upper left port closest to the seriral port) reads 0.

Julio
Good information! My car did have that extra harness in there, and the values were off exactly what you said. I have always wondered what that little harness extension was supposed to be for! but now my gray wire at the MAP is reading 5 volts and the green wire was reading 1.586v.

So do I have to tap the center green wire on the MAP sensor into the red wire at pin A in the black connector on the plug and play harness? Or is it the green wire on the plug and play. Or am I lost all together? LOL

green on the sensor to green on the pnp harness (6 pin plug)