Maiden voyage for the GN(video/pics)

boostedbuford

Under a rock
Took the Gn to the track for the first time last night car ran pretty good for the first time out considering the circumstances.

Saw a max of 18psi, not much timing in the car around ~20. Couldnt build more than 2~3 lbs off the line so it wasnt 60'fting well , 1.9 60'fts. Car was breaking up between shifts, definetly have more tuning to do, lots left on the table.:biggrin:

Best of my 3 runs.- 7.83@91 w/ 1.93 60'ft.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1oPPDvUfZk[/YOUTUBE]

Some pics...
IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Nope just leaving it in drive and footbraking it. I havnt modifyed the shifter yet for the trans-brake.

Quick run down...

-RJC girdled 109 block
-Eagle "4340" Crank
-.20 over JE pistons
-Comp 218/218 hybrid roller cam
-GN1 race port aluminum heads
-GT-70 Q-trim .85 A/R turbo
-ATR 3in downpipe
-Tial 44mm wastegate
-F.A.S.T engine management
-RJC deep sump oil pan
-MSD 6AL
-MSD 83# Injectors
-Dual XP pumps
-Precision Plenum w/ 70mm TB
-RJC racing "mega" front mount
-Brain Hoffer "bulletproof transmission
-Art Carr "N" stall 4500 stall speed
-ARP bolts throughout
-Dual air bag's a 10psi
-Moser 28 spline axles
-T/A rear cover/girdle
-H@R parts rear sway bar
-adjustable shocks up front
-Drag springs

....the list goes on and on but you get the jist of it.

Good to see the car out Barry, too bad you couldn't make it. Keep at it & keep bringing it to the track.

Have you got the popping issue figured out yet?

I think but not sure yet, it's hitting the rev-limiter. I'm taking to it my tuner mid-week and seeing if he can figure it out.

I plan on going back to the track on the 17th, and running 7.50's on the same boost/timing just going to use the trans-brake. I'll keep yall updated.

Lil update, I turned the boost down as far as it would go which is like 14psi, and the car doesnt break-up and pop like it does when I saw 18psi at the track. I'm now starting to think that it's not hitting the rev-limiter and might actually be detonation... not really sure whats goin on.

thousands of dollars in parts and no way to monitor detonation. say it aint so?

I did have a knock sensor on it, pulled it off 3 weeks ago and sold it. I datalogged the passes, with the xfi. But just my fantastic luck that my computer decides to melt down on me.

The tune was safe on the dyno. a/f's were 11.7/11.6 at 20psi, 21 degrees of timing it made 505whp on a stingy mustang dyno(91 pump+meth). Turned the boost down and pulled some timing out of it because the springs arnt holding any more boost after 20. On 18psi, 20 degrees it made 430whp, and thats how I ran it at the track.