Majestic Turbo in WACO

bsdlinux

Just Another BLACK Car
Has anyone had dealings with these guys. :confused:

I have heard good things and was thinking of using them for my turbo rebuild, but I was hoping someone on the board could give me some history.

:)

Yes I did buy that car. It has a TA-60 that smokes.
Bacially a pain in the ass. Sometimes it will smoke sometimes not.
Anyway I have checked the exhaust carbon ring with the DP off and you can see where oil has carbonized behind the impeller.

This is a low mile turbo.

I guess maybe I should try another shop. Thanks.

i believe that that is who mike hogan and tim blessing recomended me go to to have my turbo rebuilt.

-jeff

Mike Swartz at Majestic in Irving does great work for me (and lots of others around here). No problems ever. Quick turnaround.

Originally posted by TurboTR
N. O. No. Do not use Majestic in Waco for anything. Period.

TurboTR

I figured you would chime in at some point. ;)
Any ideas on what shop to use around here?? :cool:

I've lost track of how many bad experiences peeps I know have had with them. I've seen 2 come apart myself on customer cars. Buyer beware.

TurboTR

I have also been using Mike at Majestic in Irving for a couple of years. Good to go so far, fast, reasonable, and no shipping.
Mitch

Hate to hijack the thread (ok not really) but WHERE are all of the san antonio/austin TRs? I've NEVER seen another TR in san antonio. Other people claim they have but they probably don't know what to look for. I know exactly what I'm looking for and have yet to see one. Last one I ran across was at 'cruisin the coast' in biloxi. There were two there besides me, one was kind of ghetto with a hick driving and the other was a girl driving w/ guages everywhere. Family lives in houston, scores of TRs there. I guess the ones in this direction hide on the north side of san antonio or in austin? Austin being only an hour and a half away, do you guys have meets or anything like that? The san antonio idea has been tossed around before but there really aren't enough people in a stinking top 10 populated city that have TRs. it's nuts.

jastrckl

I believe BUICKTR lives in SA, PM him and see if he will hook up with ya. He just finished his new mods. And there is someone down there with a TTA

Austin:

I wanna say there are probably 8 of us here with TRs, maybe 10. And one person with a TTA. Yes we have talked of a meet, I guess we need to get off our ass and do one.:D
Problem is that some people have garage queens and you never see their cars. Of course we love for ya to come down and visit.;)

TURBOTR knows most everyone around here and in SA with TurboBuicks, I bet he would know of possibly more people in SA.

TURBOTR, where the hell are you and do you have that damn car fixed yet?? And when are we all getting together? I mean you are the turbo KING( no pun intended ) around here.....:p

:D

Originally posted by TXGS
Sorry to hijack the tread guys. Just want people to know about the event.

Again sorry guys.

New thread on the Brand X bash check it out.

As far Majestic in Irving never have used them, I had heard to many bad stories?:confused: