Major changes ...same result?

1 RARE T

Ran my car at the track this week-end and had some strange results.

Started with 24-25# and 20* street chip. Played with f/p up and down 10#, car ran the same times in 5 passes.

Put in 27* race chip and started turning up the boost all the way to 28#. Still ran the same times and mph.

Why did nothing change? Only when fuel was taken out did it knock.

Botton line, it runs the same at 24# on a 20* chip as it does at 28# on a 27* race chip. Why?

All runs done on 97 oct. oxygenated unleaded and alky.

W.T.F.?

Something in your times was changing. I doubt your 1/8 mile MPH stayed the same, and your 330 had to change as well. if the car wont pull past the MPH on the top.. that may be something else.

Post some slips.. then see where the issue is coming up.

The race chip will throw a lot of fuel into the motor. Adding alky to a lot of fuel will drop results.

As far as the boost number.. the TA49.. there comes a time. Tho mid-high 11's should be way possible.

1 RARE T ask me to add some info as he is working too hard. :eek:

60' times were in the 1.7 down to 1.6 (even pulled a wheel :D )

Did some 10+# launchs and and some softer ones

1/8 MPH was 86-88MPH 1/4 MPH was 109-110MPH

No numbers on the 330 at all.

O2 #'s were in the 760-780 then took the FP down to 40# and were back to the 730's, still no knock with race chip.

We did drastic changes with FP, timing, turned down alky to 1/2 and didn't change anything.We were hoping that some change would at least make it worse then we could go from there but nothing. It even ran two 12.11's in a row.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks

It doesnt make any sense that MPH at the 1/8 mile is locked in at 86-88 irreguardless of boost.

Maybe its got a clogged exhuast not allowing more power :confused:

Car is picking up 23 MPH which is not bad..

Can you get a direct scan recording?

I had a clogged filter once that was cuasing the car to lose 5 MPH on the top. Sometimes its something simple. Try and run it without a filter.

Thanks Razor

He is running a test pipe with 2 very new mufflers (flowmaster or Hooker)

Maybe we should have disconnected it eh?

Air filter might have 5K on it and looks new. Could try without it.

No Direct available that I'm aware of.

I've ran the car with-out exhaust before, no change.

Razor, air filter? fuel filter?

Here's a slip.

1.699-60ft
4.963-330ft.
7.729-1/8 e.t.
88.9-1/8 mp/h
12.115-1/4 e.t.
110.33-mp/h

Numbers look normal. Upping the boost should make the 1/8mph go higher typically.

Boost=restriction Upping the airflow by increasing the boost typically builds power. If it doesnt.. something is out of steam.

Try it without the filter?? If the fuel filter were bad the O2's would crash

Open exhuast without airfilter see if the boost changes your 1/8 MPH using same O2's for reference.

I decided to look at my 14" K+N air filter today. It was inside a ATR ram air plastic tube. Man, It was crushed like a beer can! I have less than 1200 miles on it. I put my hand inside and "uncrushed" it and left the ram air tube off and Took a couple of blasts. I could actualy feel a seat of the pants difference. I took a picture of it crushed cause it looked so wierd but couldn't figure out how to post it.

Air filters are way over-rated :D

I ditched my ram air for a standard under the hood swallow the heat kicks ass setup.

The only variable is the oxygenated fuel and the convertor.

The fuel is V.P. Csp.

The convertor is a pro-torque 3200 l/u from Cottons'.

Don't think it's the fuel. Don't really want to take the tranny out but.....:(