MAP wiring

V6DVette

aka Smitty
I just received RAZORs SAC kit and I just realized that since I have a Caspers custom wiring harness I don't have a MAP connection. (didn't think I really would ever need one) I do however have a MAP sensor and harness plug from a donor car. Can anyone tell me how I can splice this into my harness to get it to work?

I want to say I don't think I've ever seen such a complete kit. He gives ya everything you need for this install except the soldering gun. Yes he does supply the solder!

I'm never gonna finish this car.:(

You'll need to apply 5 volts to the MAP sensor and a ground. The 5volts is supplied from the ecm through the harness. I dont know if its on your harness or not since its aftermarket. If you cant find the 5volt line, give me a call and rustle you up a simple 5 volt regulator...

Sorry didnt respond sooner, was out of town. Glad you likes :)

Julio

Thanks,
So I could use the 5v on the ALDL without any problems? And which pins are the signal and ground for the MAP?

I'm never gonna finish this car!:(

Map sensor should have letters stamped on it,
A=ground
B=signal
C= 5v

As far as 5v from the ALDL dunno. Ya got me :) I would assume that its ok, I'll post tommorrow what pin on the ecm supplies the power.. I have to dig up my Helms and look at the electrical diagram.

If yours doesnt have the labels on the MAP, lemme know. I'll snap some pixs in the am tommorrow.

Thanks Slamming, I noticed that on the ECM pin out. Either or I guess. The ALDL is easier to splice into I think.

I'm never gonna finish this car!:(