Max Effort chip tuning

TRBON8R

I've been doing some tuning with my ME chip recently. Other than an adjustment to the #4 knock disable setting I've yet to use any of the other programming capabilities of the chip. I'm trying to learn what some of you ME experts are using in terms of data or scan tools (I have Direct Scan) in order to aid in tuning the following:

#3 Power Enrichment
#5 Cruising Fuel
#7 Spool-up curve select
#8 Off idle fuel

I've got the WOT tuning down pat with my EGT meter. My car seems happiest around 1450 EGT. What I'm not sure of is what means I use to tune the above mentioned paramaters? Are there any other chip settings besides those mentioned that I might adjust for improved performance? Thanks. :)

The only thing that I have messed with is the cruise fueling. I leaned it out so the O2s flash between 0 and 80 or so and I have no hessitation. The rest I have never messed with mainly b/c those parmeters affect below 4000 which is lower than my car really ever sees.

The only thing I mess with is the WOT fueling..

ks:)

The items I mainly have messed with are:

Spoolup curve - you just have to try the different settings and see which one your car likes best.

Idle fuel - back it down as far as you can. You've gone to far when the car stumbles when put in gear.

Cruise fuel - back it down as far as you can. watch your O2 at cruise and you will see the O2 drop WAY down. You know you've gone to far when the car surges when the cruise control is engaged. Also, if the cruise fuel is set to lean, you will get a slight stumble when accelerating from a stop. It doesn't make any sense but, it's true. Mine is set around 90 and my O2s read 17 at cruise (some are even lower).

0-4000 fuel - drop it as well and see what happens. This is best adjusted at the track because it is to hard to tell otherwise. The leaner, the quicker the spoolup and the better your launch "feel" (60 & 320 times) will be. It will seem quicker and more responsive when accelerating

The other items I have adjusted just made it worse from the defaults.

Use common sense, if you take the fuel one direction and things get worse, go the other way.
ALSO, take NOTES. Don't rely on memory. When you get everything the way you want it, write the settings down. When your battery goes dead, it takes 2 minutes or less to set everything right back to where it was.

theoretically, 1450 on the EGT is running rich. I'd personally lean it out and watch for knock...every car is different though.

By the way, I use turbo link.

For the most part all you should really have to mess with is the WOT settings. Steve usually gets the rest of the settings real close at the default values. I have leaned out the cruise fuel some but that's it. On straight c-16, my egts's are low-mid 1600's

Kevin has it nailed well. The only other thing that needs to be mentioned are the two prerequisites for getting the car into the wot curves. First the car has to shift at, or higher, than the rpm point spec'd for your chip, and, the maf numbers have to reach the number programmed in the default, or reprogrammed by you to a level that your car obtains (if your chip has this option)

Go here for more help if you need it

http://members.boardhost.com/MaxEffort/

Thanks very much gentlemen. That's the info I was looking for.

Steve, thanks for the link to the ME board. I didn't even know there was such a thing.