McCord PowerP

UrbsNSpices

Go-fast Boat
http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm

Any one running this product? A few months ago a number of folks said they would be installing it. So whats the verdict? It seems like a well thought out product.

I would be using this on a SC3800II engine to switch between my stock cat/dual exhaust and some sort of straight pipe. I doubt I would ever run it wide open.:D

Also tech question, will I run into any problems running a cut out with very low back preassure?

urbs

I think I remember a post about Mccord over on one of the vette forums, they seemed to like it.

Mark would be the best person to comment on this since that's his car in the picture.

Yup, I would be the one to talk to. I have tried 2 versions of the cutout so far and have not been happy with how it seals when closed. I understand that it probably will never have a 100% tight seal but it could be heard in the car and suggested to McCord that he needs to get the tolerances closer. Still waiting to get another version back from him and if it is ever perfected to my standards I will report back here.

As far as functioning it works great, I love being able to pop it open a bit to get peoples' attention and when you see an officer of the law you can quickly shut it. For some reason the latest version I had bent the butterfly plate so I sent the unit back for rehab. It sucks too because I am going racing tomorrow and won't have it on the car so I will have to open the dump manually!:(

seals

Thanks for the info..

I could be wrong but it looks like, when closed, the valve seats on just the machined body. If this is the case Im suprised he didnt go with some sort of high temp gasket. Im sure he thought of this, maybe it is cost prohibitive at these temps.

Also did you find that its sealing capacity degrades over time? How often do you drive the GN? (only to the track, weddings, and funerals?) I ask because I would be putting it on my daily driver which would put it though many more hot/cold cycles then a weekend car. Probibly not an issue anyway.