ME-R Driveability

Another plug for the Yackman here....top notch quality and customer support. The best money you will ever spend on a TR...........and it only keeps getting better................are you working on anything new for the ME-R Steve?..........maybe adjust timing in all 3 gears... ;)

Boston Boy said:
Seems like I've been convinced of my next upgrade.... :biggrin:

You get the R Bill, come see me....... Piece of cake, I'll walk you right through it..... I've had it for 3 yrs now and is on both my cars.

Steve's customer service is the best I have ever seen... Major thumbs up.. My 'ol TTA still runs it like clock work.... :biggrin:

Hey glad you guys are doing alright. It has been a blast working with all of you.

Julio what new tricks you have on the blackboard these days?

Something I need to add about the R is that it is critical to have all the vehicle sensors working properly.

PN switch, AC, VSS, 3rd and 4th gear switches in the tranny.

If you have a 400, take the 3 and 4 switch wires on the tranny plug to ground unless you can hook up a switch to the shifter and detect 3rd.
There may be a way to install a normally closed pressure switch to detect 3rd. This is the best option.

If the PN switch is malfunctioning it will be very hard to get it to idle correctly.
Make sure all that stuff is working before you proceed.

Steve

I used to runs Steves old non R chip a while ago. I would regularly get 22 MPG with 72# Delphis on the highway. Milage or customers service were never an issue. :wink:

Russ Merritt said:
You get the R Bill, come see me....... Piece of cake, I'll walk you right through it..... I've had it for 3 yrs now and is on both my cars.

Yeah Russ, I need to come down some time next spring and get this thing tuned in real nice. Just about time to put it away and forget about it for the winter though.
Thanks!!