Me vs a Diesel

FastB

First of all, I don't drive my GN much and when I do, I drive it like an old lady...lol.
Anyways, I was minding my own business and a new Diesel Ford truck kept pacing me...he had a gauge pod, big exhaust and lots of attitude. I wasn't planning on running him at all..and it was from a roll (lame I know)...but to get my attention he about side swiped me...of course that got my blood boiling!
We were going about 55mph...So he punches it, and I put it to the floor (which I don't do much)..he got a jump while I was wanting for the boost to kick in...finally the needle shoots up to 26#'s and I lay a couple 10 foot black marks. Honestly scared me a bit, apparently I forget how fast these cars can be!! Obviously, the GN made short work of the truck...even tho it was no slouch.
I've driven faster cars, but this car is an animal...Very deceiving when u just drive it normally...I'm used to a big block and the rumble and low end torque...the Buick is quiet and mild mannered, but all that changes really fast.

Not a great race, but I thought I'd share anyways.

Some people just don't understand lol, either way they wanted it and got it, sometimes u just have to put dumb people in their place...Mike

mikes86ttop said:
Some people just don't understand lol, either way they wanted it and got it, sometimes u just have to put dumb people in their place...Mike

Either that or people just try to get you to get on the car and give them a show

Good for you, I'm sure the car was happy to show you a little of what she can do, too.;)

Sometimes you gotta let these cars loose!

Ya...you gotta handle business with a guy like that....
There are some pretty fast Turbo Diesel trucks out there....but most of them are just....Turbo Diesel trucks... with an exhaust kit and maybe a tune....

Not sure what mods he had but he def wasn't stock. But the old GN laid down some street justice..lol.

Good kill dude.

I hate when retards think their trucks are fast.
C'mon there are some 11 sec 8000# trucks out there and that is not slow. They have as much time and money invested as we do.

I have horses, my stock (bolt ons) 7.3, Ford, F350, 4x4 crew cab, long bed with the 4" lift and 37's weighs 8500lbs and runs high 13's, low 14's is not really fast but consider what it is, what it weighs and I get 16mpg smoking the tires beating most cars and burying people in diesel soot. Getting a bumper sticker that says hybrid repellent with an arrow pointing to the exhaust tip.
Just educated two college guys in their Lexus 250 with it. Can I beat any of the T's on the board with it? No, I would not try but it is still faster than 90% of the cars on the street.

Mikey

Diesel Truck owners need to realize what they drive. We have too many of those who think a 8000 lb truck is a sports car. They go around just being obnoxious leaving clouds of smoke making it a danger for other on the road. The fact is those are work trucks and are big and heavy and will not defy the laws of physics when it comes to stopping. Too many a times we get those morons go through rain puddles just blinding people with dirty run off. We had at least 2 casualties in our town due to that. The smoke crap is just done to anyone unfortunate enough to end up on their exhaust side. Would be another thing if this was at the track but on the street? What we got are these trucks outfitted with welders and their suppose/tools. I bet they surpass 10000 lbs when everything is said and done. I'm glad when they get pulled over or issued a citation at the mall parking lot. It's a work truck. Use it for tha purpose. But all in all, it's a free country.

Diesel Truck owners need to realize what they drive. We have too many of those who think a 8000 lb truck is a sports car. They go around just being obnoxious leaving clouds of smoke making it a danger for other on the road. The fact is those are work trucks and are big and heavy and will not defy the laws of physics when it comes to stopping. Too many a times we get those morons go through rain puddles just blinding people with dirty run off. We had at least 2 casualties in our town due to that. The smoke crap is just done to anyone unfortunate enough to end up on their exhaust side. Would be another thing if this was at the track but on the street? What we got are these trucks outfitted with welders and their suppose/tools. I bet they surpass 10000 lbs when everything is said and done. I'm glad when they get pulled over or issued a citation at the mall parking lot. It's a work truck. Use it for tha purpose. But all in all, it's a free country.

Last reply as I don't want to hyjack this thread.

Again good kill FastB.

Agreed it is not a sports car. But it is the nut behind the wheel not the vehicle that kills people. How am I who has never caused an accident since 1968 (been in a few) involving another vehicle (wrecked many vehicles not involving anyone else being alone) any more dangerous in my 8500# truck than in my T. As for the diesel soot you are right people hate it so I don't do it purposefully. With the 35' horse trailer loaded with horses I'm at 20,000# not 10 but in my Peterbilt I'm at 80K and people don't respect that so why would they respect 8500#

Now if you do something stupid and get hit by another vehicle obviously you would rather it be 3500# not 8500# and way taller than you. But this discussion is for the political forum.

I enjoy my diesel, need to use it for "my A/C company, getting rolls of hay and pulling horses" but refuse to let my rides be boring so occasionally I will educate someone on how fast it is.
P.S. the Peterbilt runs surprisingly well too and it weighs 19,000# with fuel bob-tailing.

Mikey

Good kill! I don't mind slapping a diesel truck's idiot driver's ego. They think just cause they got big tires and smoke they are something special. Effem. They are the mirror of fart can Hondas. Both annoying and drivers thing just cause they did mod or two they are speed demons.