Meisiere water pumps

49-blues

Anyone running these pumps on a street car? Whats the consesus-should i use one on a street car or are they mainly for all out race car?

They work fine on the street, but flow about 35 gpm, and rated for 2500 hours. I would go with an in-line stewart emp pump it flows 55 gpm and is rated for over 10,000 hours and just installs inline, but you would have to make some kind of block off plate for the timing cover.

Stewart Components - High Performance Automotive Cooling

Thanks for the info- I was sure if I should use it on my stage2 build which will see mostly street duty, any idea how much the stock one pumps?

I have one on a Stage II street endine and have no problems. I would recomend using a pressure ballenced t-stat with a few ,125 holes to by-pass some water to since the pump offers no internal bypass.
Allan G.

electric water pump

I also have the same pump on my stage 2 car and it works great I also drive it alot on the street with no problems hope this helps take care

Pics of the meziere pump install? I don't know the exact flow rates of the stock pump but it won;t be anywhere near 35 gpm at idle and low speeds.

Pics of the meziere pump install? I don't know the exact flow rates of the stock pump but it won;t be anywhere near 35 gpm at idle and low speeds.

Sorry, I was refering to a pic. of the Stewart in line pump.
Jeff

Thanks guys for all the input-i guess i now will kept and use the messiere pump i have- i was considering selling it if only for race use.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Jeff, If i were to do it again I would have went with the in-line pump. The stock pump I would guess flows about 3-5 gpm at idle and over 50 at WOT, just taking some data from a mechanical chevy water pump.