Meth Fuel System Questions?

Revolution

Just wondering what is the best pump, FPR, and lines for a %100 Meth system this well be an injected EFI system on a turbo car (800Whp). Thanks

You should check out the Weldon stuff... It's not cheap, requires care, but they have some nice pumps n regs.

Phil

That's what I was leaning towards what is everyone thoughts on lines and fittings? Well a standard rubber steel braided hose work? Whats about anodized fittings?

If you make the system out of stainless steel lines, stainless steel fittings, impregnated hose like the Aeroquip AQP, XRP, etc.. that part will be fine.

Problem I see is having enough injector, and having injectors that wont rot/fail with methanol.

Anything aluminum or steel in contact with the alcohol.. the system will come apart.

Weldon pump. A single will handle 800 HP no problem. I think I'm using the C 2035 A model. Check the ratings.
Kinsler referenced regulator.
Steel braided rubber hose is fine.
Anodized aluminum fittings and housings (pump, filter, fuel rails) give an exceptable life span. Bare aluminum will not. If you can find HARD anodized fittings, those will give the best life. I use XRP and need to check the fittings annually.
If your running the tank in the trunk, -12 from tank to pump, -10 from pump to Y block, -8 to fuel rails, -6 return.
Dual 160 lb. injectors per runner or if you want to run on the edge, one 160 and one 80 per runner. Remove the filters from the injectors. Do not replace them. Consult with Kinsler on which electronic injectors are compatible with methanol. I know the 160s are.
Fuel system must be flushed after each weekend of racing with gasoline. This will give the most life from anodized aluminum parts.
Use stainless mesh filters. One before the pump (100 micron). One after the pump (40 micron) and one in each line feeding the fuel rails (40 micron).
Use Klotz upper lube with your methanol. Still flush the system immediately after each outing with gasoline.