Michigan machine shop

DARTHV6

Hello all,
I have a spare motor that's been sitting for about 15 years. Now I'm finally retired, I want to build it myself but I want to have the block bored and the crank polished and tuned. I have been asking around a little out state to have it done but it's not profitable for the machinist and costly for me to ship. Anybody know of a good machine shop in Michigan preferably close to Lansing, MI?
Thanks!
Art

If your adding main studs you'll have to line hone as well.
Do you have the pistons?
You'll need them for final cyl hone to size..
Good luck.

If your adding main studs you'll have to line hone as well.
Do you have the pistons?
You'll need them for final cyl hone to size..
Good luck.

Turbo Archie,
I haven't bought anything for the upgrade yet. I do have the entire stock motor to work with.

When I called Full Throttle about some engine work they suggested Lorenz Racing out in Ohio ( Brian Lorenz ) not sure if he does machine work but maybe he can point you in the right direction. I know its not Michigan but you might not want just anybody machining your Buick block.

I'd call Mike Licht at Full Throttle in Fraser, or Bruce at Aggressive Auto in Clinton Township and see who they recommend locally.

When I called Full Throttle about some engine work they suggested Lorenz Racing out in Ohio ( Brian Lorenz ) not sure if he does machine work but maybe he can point you in the right direction. I know its not Michigan but you might not want just anybody machining your Buick block.
Pretty sure Lozenz farms it out to Weber or others in the area.

Williamgn,
I have met Mike in the past but didn't know if he did block work. I'll google Lorenz and see if he does. Ohio isn't far to drive to save on crate shipping. Thanks for the info!
Art

Pretty sure Lozenz farms it out to Weber or others in the area.
Steve was my first. He does great work but a bit far just for block work. I couldn't pay for the work after paying for the shipping! <wink!>

Why have it bored? Pull the heads and check the taper. Might just hone it, slap on new rings and put it back together.

Hello all,
I have a spare motor that's been sitting for about 15 years. Now I'm finally retired, I want to build it myself but I want to have the block bored and the crank polished and tuned. I have been asking around a little out state to have it done but it's not profitable for the machinist and costly for me to ship. Anybody know of a good machine shop in Michigan preferably close to Lansing, MI?
Thanks!
Art
Call and talk to Roland at Caro Motorworks. He's done countless Buicks,owns a stage 2 and has the best Machines in the country. (855) 672-8500

Why have it bored? Pull the heads and check the taper. Might just hone it, slap on new rings and put it back together.
Just options...I have a motor in the car now that the block was honed but not bored.
Thanks!
Art

I am just north of Chicago..
Just finishing Ernie's stroker...

20181205_160425.jpg

20181130_150353.jpg

how about Turbodave231 he is in MI. Look at the sticky at the top of the Engine Forum.