Mickey Thompson drag radials

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Looking for the difference between these two. I cannot seem to find the difference. I see the tread pattern looks a little more street on the bottom one. Please, not looking for an opinion on a BFG, or Hoosier, just experience on mickey...I get cost.

upload_2016-2-28_21-8-37.png

The Pros have a different construction. They are the best 275 radial hands down.
The others are heavier, and are the replacements for the orginal mt drag radial. Not sure if they are any different from the original other than the tread. They work well too. If you plan on going faster than mid 10s, the Pro is the tire for you. Otherwise, the other tire will work as well and be better on the street.

From what I understand the pro has a stiffer sidewall than the regular et street radial, designed primarily for very fast radial cars. Not certain how the s/s differs from either other than the obvious increase in tread void area.

I can see me tearing out the transmission and axle with the pro. lol. I am at that point now. I may just lean to the more streetable tire with a little give.

I just had the SS's installed today on my car. According to the MT website, the SS just adds some additional grooves for better wet traction. I didn't see a downside so I figured these would be good if I ever get caught off guard with a downpour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just had the SS's installed today on my car. According to the MT website, the SS just adds some additional grooves for better wet traction. I didn't see a downside so I figured these would be good if I ever get caught off guard with a downpour.

Got them on 10's or 8's, care to share the stance. I am contemplating buying a couple new wheels for the back. I can get the alum factory look wheels at cost as well, so would be a swap out thing for me....but still may run them for a clip or two on the street.

Got them on 10's or 8's, care to share the stance. I am contemplating buying a couple new wheels for the back. I can get the alum factory look wheels at cost as well, so would be a swap out thing for me....but still may run them for a clip or two on the street.
Sorry to disappoint, only 255/60's on the stock rims. Here are some pix.

uploadfromtaptalk1456713722832.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456713741103.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1456713747541.jpg

Well that gives me an idea, I think an 8 with a 275/60 would be about perfect..
For sure. There's plenty of room in there still. At my power level planned for this Spring, I wasn't ready for a near 28" tall tire which is the only reason I stayed with the 255, because of the 27" height. I couldn't get the 275 in 27" tall.

The Pros have a different construction. They are the best 275 radial hands down.
The others are heavier, and are the replacements for the orginal mt drag radial. Not sure if they are any different from the original other than the tread. They work well too. If you plan on going faster than mid 10s, the Pro is the tire for you. Otherwise, the other tire will work as well and be better on the street.
any classes out there that deny the use of the SS radials?

I am pretty sure they outlaw the pro part number. That is when you go with the hoosiers. The old MT and I am sure the SS are fine well into the 1.4s without trouble.

Certain sizes you can only get in the street radial II. I have them on my car right now, and they hook really well. I was running a 255 26" tall with the original e.t. street radial, and now I'm running a 295 28" tall. Kinda hard to compare the 2 with the 255 being so much smaller. The 255 26" tall were a lot less consistent with 60' times, and would only handle about a 10 psi launch. The 295 28" tall handle as much boost as I can hold at the line about 20 psi, and net about the same 60'. Extremely consistent. Usually a 1.49-1.50 60' with both.

I was running 26" tall 255 Hoosier dot radials, and was consistently getting 1.48 60' times, but literally would kill a set in one track day.

Looks like all of their radials are dot approved, but the pros are not intended for street use. All 3 styles use the same R2 compound