Midnight Madness.

blackshoebox

Staff member
For those interested, I will be there hanging out. The car is not ready, so I will probably be waiting for a potential track rental after the new year to run the car, however for those who still plan to go up, I will be more than happy to help if I can.

Hope to see you there,
-Alex

anything happen?

Not really, Neil was there with his stock GN, and went 14.4 @95 mph with just a KN, and locking the converter on street tires, pump, and 12-14 psi from what I understand. The weather was ideal(in the 50's) so whoever wanted to run their car in good weather blew it.

-Alex

We went with my dad's car. Best ET was 10.95 @ 126MPH. Transmission was acting up and would not shift until it hit the rev limiter at 6300. We have narrowed it down to the governor. Hopefully, next year we will get that 10.50 we have been shooting for.

Originally posted by lambturbo6
We went with my dad's car. Best ET was 10.95 @ 126MPH. Transmission was acting up and would not shift until it hit the rev limiter at 6300. We have narrowed it down to the governor. Hopefully, next year we will get that 10.50 we have been shooting for.

Thats right, I completely forgot about you guys. The car ran solid for having to lift between shifts. It was nice talking to you out there.

It was nice meeting you guys. Unfortunately, we did not have a big buick turnout. We were hoping to see alot of turbo buicks out with the cold weather. Hopefully, next year we will get a couple more cold days to get some good runs. Maybe over the break Moroso will learn how to make the track hook. LOL.

Originally posted by lambturbo6
. Maybe over the break Moroso will learn how to make the track hook. LOL.

A track rental is in the works for late Jan. or early Feb. with a few other buick guys including myself. If you are interested, I will post here to offer it to everyone, and it will be on a first come first serve basis. Typically, at these rentals the track is prepped very good and it hooks great. :)

-Alex

hey alex did you see my last run? 15.3 @ 94 mph, i even got to look at the wall for a split second, whoops, but hey im getting 3" DP monday or tuesday... wooo, i was wondering if my friend, could come hes been dying to run his car, but its not a buick... we could make him pay extra ;) let me know if you would allow him...

peace out

neil

Midnight madness is this Friday but....

...it is a street car only night. Which means no slicks allowed. :( I found this out today, so this may change my plans of racing my car, but I should be there spectating atleast. I may try coming up on a BFG drag radial if I can get them in time. Another downfall to the street car only night is the track prep, has been suspect from what some friends have told me.

Just a few things to keep in mind if any of you plan on racing Friday. :cool:

-Alex

TTT...

Just to let everyone know, the weather appears to be looking very good on friday with a forcast lows in the high 40's. I would suggest if you can have your car together to to run, be there. The weather does not work out to be this good very often. Based on this weather report, I will be there, running my car for sure.

-Alex

Damn, that "low 40's" thing is starting to look real good!!!!!! AHHH! I do have about 5 gal of C-12 just sitting here. Only thing is I only have ET Drags.

Hey Alex, what do you say we swap tires between runs. :D LOL.

Guess I'll wait till Feb. and hope it's at least in the low 60's. :(

I'll be out their anyways to give you or anyone else a hand. I heard Shawn might go if he can get himself an alternator.