Mild Mods and Alky

Gr82baGN

BAM
My car is my daily driver, 80 miles a day. After my engine rebuild (see sig) I've decided to buy the Alky kit from SMC. I've been running 100 octanes about 80% of the time on the street and I get no knock at 15 to 17 lbs of boost, because my OT at work has been cut a little I need to scale back on my spending. This translates into me going 50\50 between 100 and 94 for street use. I'll always go with 100 or better octane at the strip. It's the 50% on the 94 side I'm worried about, hence the ALKY. It seems at about 15lbs of boost the 94 knocks about 2.5 to 4 degrees. I'm hoping somebody with experience running alky would be kind enough to review my mods and make any recommendations on how I can get the most out of the SMC system. Thanks

:confused:

An SMC dual nozzle with a turn on point of about 12 degrees should take away your worries.

You should be able to run str8 94 with this setup no more mixing.

Propane would be a good choice for you too but if you are a little short on $$$ it is almost double the initial startup, but over the long term propane is cheaper

The dual nozzle with the 1 gal tank is probably my best bet then($$$). Thanks, just one more question. When I go to the track on 100 octane should I tune the system (alky) differently? Make the turn on point higher, maybe 18 to 21 degrees just for safety? More boost is good, I like good. :)

Only if it bogs. Make a run, and then try moving the turn on point up 1 psi. The good thing about smc is you can do that from the drivers seat

Funny you said that, I'm planning on getting a boost controller and something to control my fuel pressure from inside the cockpit. I already installed the electronic exhaust cut out. Hopefully by May or June I should have the $$$ to make my "Complete from within Cockpit Control" dreams come true. Mr. Black I thank you very much.

Your car will be like a jet fighter inside:D

Good luck just dont drive off the road while making adjustments:cool: