Mission in Sept

TurboSlacker

SINISTR
I would like to run at Mission, BC some Friday or Sat or Sun in September. Anyone planning on being there that month? Never been there, and it sounds like a really nice track.

Would be fun to have a little Turbo Buick gathering up there?

You set the date and i will be there :biggrin:

There are street legals Sept 2nd, 23rd and 30th, and ET brackets with a Combo race :rolleyes: on the 24th and 25th..
heres the schedule- Check out their website, you can see what the track and pit areas look like, and check out the track cams too!
http://www.missionraceway.com/mrpsched/mrpschedule.htm
They usually run several different classes there during events like that, and thats the only way the Fleurys and us can both race..
We love it there, they are nice people, and have a nice track and pit area, with a concession and a pro shop... I think you'll like it. And its at like sea level or 4 feet above... good air, and fast ETs!!
September is a little ways out, I hope the weather is still nice by then.

Will the air be good enough for Dan to run a 11.60? :)

Mission is a great track. Typing this from the cellular connected laptop. We'll be at Mission Raceway in about 45 minutes (going for the Divisional race)

I could maybe pull off the Sept 2nd Street Legals, but things get pretty crazy at work around then so anytime after that and I'd probably be out.

DEL said:
Will the air be good enough for Dan to run a 11.60? :)

Mission is a great track. Typing this from the cellular connected laptop. We'll be at Mission Raceway in about 45 minutes (going for the Divisional race)
If Dan is ganna run 11.60's then I should be able to dip into the 10's :rolleyes: :eek: :D

hmm might be kinda fun since i missed oregon, let me know if you set a date

How about the end of this month :)

27, 28 Sat, Sun CANADIAN TIRE PROMOD CHALLENGE #2 & Streetcar Shootout #3 Sponored by Boston Pizza plus Summit ET Bracket Race B1 Sponsored by Automotive Training Centres featuring Vancouver Community College Stock/Super Stock Combo, CWDA, Street Car Shoot-out, HR, NHRDA

geno said:
How about the end of this month :)
27, 28 Sat, Sun CANADIAN TIRE PROMOD CHALLENGE #2 & Streetcar Shootout #3 Sponored by Boston Pizza plus Summit ET Bracket Race B1 Sponsored by Automotive Training Centres featuring Vancouver Community College Stock/Super Stock Combo, CWDA, Street Car Shoot-out, HR, NHRDA

That works for me. Anyone else want to join us Sat, Aug 27th and Sun, Aug 28th?

The only sh!tty part about that weekend is that with so many classes running you'll be lucky to get 3 passes per day. There will be several hours between passes. Typical Mission :rolleyes: :mad:

We could probably do it in August with the wagon, or any time that its not street legals, we don't have DOT tires yet to run on it. We have just plain old radials to drive with, and only slicks. Well, I guess we could run "outlaw" which by Missions rules is a "North American vehicle running slicks". No ET limit that I can see, I would think that "Outlaw" would be a really fast class..
Hafta talk to Pat about that one... :confused:
BTW..Pat's racecar/wagon is officially licensed and insured now, the tabs came in the mail today..so we can drive it on the street here pretty soon :D I can't wait till both wagons are out there on the road together, its been a long time :frown:
Gotta get all those contingency stickers off though, too.. scary :eek:
....I see B.M. in the near future ;)

It's always gonna be slow at Mission. The bst weekend dates are when they are just running regular B1 brackets, which means you only do time trials on Saturday and then eliminations on Sunday. Then you might luck out and get 4 or 5 passes but don't count on it.

The street legal Friday Nights you can get 5 or 6 passes if you are there early enough. It is pretty popular and fills up very quickly so the earlier you are there and get thru tech, the more runs you will get.

turbov6truck, you can run slicks int he Outlaw class. All of the racing on Friday's is just heads up, basically like it was Friday night @ TT6. I go to race myself, and get my car running better. I don't care about who's in the other lane.

Why doesnt everyone go to Pacific Raceways on a Wed or Friday. They have an open track on those nights from 4 pm to 11 pm and you can run as often as you like and whoever you want to race. You can get in several runs and can put together a cash bash for a little competition. They are doing it for several more wed and fridays.

rtviper said:
Why doesnt everyone go to Pacific Raceways

1) been there, done that, but never been to Mission before. New experience for me.

2) Mission is suppose to be one of the best prepped tracks and dense air due to been near sea level. Therefore, I would hope to run a personal best.

3) Mission personnel are suppose to be really nice. I've never had a pleasant experience at Pacific Raceways.

4) Pacific Raceways is a bit of a drive from my location, so it's not much more for me to run out to Bremerton or Mission.

The way I read the schedule , we get to race Friday night the 26th also. That makes it a three day deal . The original intent of this thread was lets do a "Road Trip". Going out to Pacific on wednesday is fine to get some laps, but it's still a big step down from Mission and the drive isn't a big deal even for the guys in the south end. My stock eliminator car is always at least a tenth quicker at Mission , not to mention a few other perks you don't get at Seattle . Like clean restrooms, showers, and when was the last time someone thanked you for showing up as you left at the end of the day at Seattle.

Why do you think John Gallina went there? For a world record...he had the fastest super stocker in the world. Yes, records, thats what I forgot to mention. I think you will see fast times. And we were there when it happened both times. I started wanting a Grand National somewhere after that. I loved the way that car hauled its butt all the way down the track. :eek: Scary fast

Just got back from running at Mission on Friday & Saturday.

Ran a new personal best 60' of 1.78 on my street radials. I tied my previous best ET of 12.4. But I was off my best mph with only a 107 mph compared to 109 two years ago at Woodburn.

Running Friday night in the dark was a lot of fun. The effective altitude dropped to about 600' on my last run. But the engine wasn't completed cooled off, so I couldn't improve the mph.

Nice track. I couldn't launch consistently like I did at Woodburn - was spinning above 1psi boost launch. On Saturday I ran in the Pro Bracket class and got in 4 runs. Was pretty cool running with a bunch of serious trailered V8 race cars. Most were running 10's and 11's however the clean black GN without any decals looked really good giving it's best. :smile:

On a single tankful I drove 2 hrs from Lake Stevens to Mission, ran 10 runs in the mid 12's, drove back 2 hrs. Just gotta love these cars!!

Looking forward to BOP at Bremerton on October 1st.

good job on the new 60 with street tires! Its not easy to be consistant on street tires when you have a good amount of power like these cars do. :D Running under the lights is always fun. By the way I have a new 60 on street tires too. At pacific fri night I ran a 11.80 @ 115.xx w/ a 1.71 60ft. :eek: :D