Mission Raceway for Div 6 points race...

billsgn

Hard Member
Got back from a great weekend at Mission Raceway in B.C....It was great meeting some of the GNRA guys from "up north" and hanging out with you on Saturday....

Thanks Geno for taking me to watch some fast division 6 cars set quite a few NHRA class records, including none other than John Gallina with his 87 GN. John set a new NHRA record (7.98 @ 171mph) in his Duttweiler prepared twin turbo 210 cubic inch V6!!!

btw, you guys notice we live in the "coolest" NHRA division (6)??? :D :D :D

It was great meeting you too Bill. I got hung up with a couple work issues Saturday morning and by the time I was ready to make the 1 1/2 hour trip out there John had already blown his headgasket and decided not to fix it so I stayed home.

Anyways, good to meet you and I'll see you guys in about 6 weeks @ TTIV

Clayton

Clayton, I was wondering why you didn't show up on Saturday....I'll see you and Big Al in Woodburn! Maybe we can set up a little match race!!! ;)

Originally posted by billsgn
Clayton, I was wondering why you didn't show up on Saturday....I'll see you and Big Al in Woodburn! Maybe we can set up a little match race!!! ;)

Sounds good. Your ET and MPH is the range I am shooting for. I'll have to make sure I have eveything set perfectly if I'm going to keep up with you. :D :cool:

We should have a few more guys than just me and Al. Some guys will only be able to make it for Saturday's racing and few more may only be watching but I am hoping for a reasonable turnout.

Clayton,

You get your rollbar installed yet? I just got finished installing mine....ended up custom building one since Art Morrison messed up again and didn't send out the kit that has been on order for over a month!

What an experience it was building my first rollbar!!! :eek:

Originally posted by billsgn
Carlton,

You get your rollbar installed yet? I just got finished installing mine....ended up custom building one since Art Morrison messed up again and didn't send out the kit that has been on order for over a month!

What an experience it was building my first rollbar!!! :eek:

You mean Clayton right? ;)

Yes, bar is installed! I'm working on getting the interior back in now. I can't wait to test it out :D

jim,clayton, big al, geno and the rest of you guys up north. i want to thank you for your hospitality and all the help you gave us when i was up there in april. i really had a good time! i would have posted earlier but i left a few days after getting back for bowlling green. and events after that took much of my time. sorry for the late post. im really looking forward to next year and setting another record with the gallina's. im also planning on loading my car on the trailer and going to turbo thunder 4 to have somemore fun with you guys. hope to see you there!
thanks again---len :cool:

whats up bill. i just got stickers! send me your address and i'l send some. also i'll bring some to turbo thunder. are you going?

I'm doing everything I can to get out of going to my daughter's soccer tournament which happens to be the same weekend....but since you are coming up from Vegas, I have to be there! Looks like you may be putting more miles on Johns trailor than he will this year! ;)

im only bringing my car so i'll take my truck with the open trailer-what ever get me out of the vegas heat! im there! it got hot early here. its good for business but i'll be looking forward to the coolness of portland.

Originally posted by LV GN
jim,clayton, big al, geno and the rest of you guys up north. i want to thank you for your hospitality and all the help you gave us when i was up there in april. i really had a good time! i would have posted earlier but i left a few days after getting back for bowlling green. and events after that took much of my time. sorry for the late post. im really looking forward to next year and setting another record with the gallina's. im also planning on loading my car on the trailer and going to turbo thunder 4 to have somemore fun with you guys. hope to see you there!
thanks again---len :cool:

It was great to meet you Len! That's fantastic that you are coming up for Turbo Thunder! I look forward to seeing you again. At least now I don't have to worry if my tranny takes a dump while we're there ;) :D

I had to hold my intake hostage to get him to go;)
Like i told you in the email i sent you( If you want this intake for that price you have to come get it at TT) Hehe:D Im glad your going to make it and i will bring the intake:) Looking forward to hanging out in my beater motor home and enjoying another BBQ with you...Hehe ;)

Good to see the Vegas Buick folks will be "representin" at TTIV!

Feel free to bring Show Girls with you :cool:

I was hoping the Gallinas might come up and race one or both of the Woodburn Division 6 races and maybe leave the car here and race it at TTIV too. Then again, we do have a limit, they would have to keep the car slower than 7.50 :D

the next race for john's car is in sonoma ca. july 4th and marka's tta. we have the heads off the car right now and kenny is freshening them up. we blew the head gasket in 3 places on the back up run in mission. if all goes right--my friend from upstate ny. well be driving up to portland with me and if we can get paul's car back together (from a burnt piston in bowlling green) he wll bring his car too. can someone tell me the altiude in portland at the track and what do you think the temp. will be? thanks