Mission this weekend with my alky kit

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Im going to see if the car will run a 10.2 - 10.3 on pump gas and alky friday night at Mission. Im not going to get to crazy with the boost and timing my first time out with my new alky setup:D

Good luck. I just got my Alky system on last week. I'll be heading out next weekend probably Bremerton for Mopar days or Pacific. I'll be trying for 13.2. Embarasing to say after you say 10.2.:rolleyes: I have to start some where. I ran a 14.1 stock at Portland two weeks ago with 2.2 60' :eek: FWD disadvantage. My goal is 11.9. Any faster and a roll cage is required and I dont like them.

The car went 10.32 @135 mph with a 60 ft ET of 1.6.

Hell yah :cool:

So is there any input on the alky kit, any burps...weezzas....hiccups....anything ??
Dale

Latest time for Gene on Alky....

10.15 @136.09 mph with a 60 ft time of 1.492

All I can say is WOW!!! :eek:

Re: Latest time for Gene on Alky....

Originally posted by billsgn
10.15 @136.09 mph with a 60 ft time of 1.492

All I can say is WOW!!! :eek:

Turn the boost UP!

Give it more TIMING!

Lean it OUT!

Gut the interior...

Do something, just run a 9 on pump gas!!!!

Sorry about that post way earlier, was not me, it was Gene, I gotta get this thing straight LOL. Duh, I don't know how to tune anything...
We'll get the hang of it, its sorta hard for us to post stuff between Pat running his rounds and Genos rounds....especially when it takes forever to load a page on my laptop with a phone modem LOL
Sorry for any confusion, anywhere either of us posted!!
Its cool having the internet at the races though :D :D

Me and Robin spent the weekend there so it was on the trailer.
Pat and Wanda are some good racers and TRY to help me become a better racer. Pat was good enough to help me by watching the car on the leave for smoke so i could get the alky turn on point right. I tell ya the stock class they race in is insane and i have more and more respect for Pat&Wanda everytime i go to the track with them. Pat was runner up this weekend in Stock class witch is one of the hardest classes if not the hardest class in NHRA. Weather stations,wet bulb dry bulb,watch the wind,front tire pressure to adjust for your for RT....

Originally posted by geno
Me and Robin spent the weekend there so it was on the trailer.
Pat and Wanda are some good racers and TRY to help me become a better racer. Pat was good enough to help me by watching the car on the leave for smoke so i could get the alky turn on point right. I tell ya the stock class they race in is insane and i have more and more respect for Pat&Wanda everytime i go to the track with them. Pat was runner up this weekend in Stock class witch is one of the hardest classes if not the hardest class in NHRA. Weather stations,wet bulb dry bulb,watch the wind,front tire pressure to adjust for your for RT....

NO WONDER I have headaches all the time.. It IS insane...too much thinking and not enough relaxing. ;)
Just so you don't start thinking you have to do all that yourself Geno.. You're already thinking about the staging part of it, LOL deep stage, shallow stage...hmmm.
Scary thing about the wet bulb-dry bulb thing, Pat says it makes sense sometimes. I'm thinkin, whaaa? This is all just a bunch of hocus pocus to keep you busy, so you have something to do while youre nervous between rounds LOL :rolleyes:
You and Robin have been very supportive to us, and are great friends AND racers yourself, you always have the right things to say, and you know what to do.
Thats what racings all about. Its always great being with you at the track, wherever it is. :D :D