MN/ND Turbo Race Day

turbodig

Looking to get the SyTy + Buick gang together for the October 1st Test-and-tune day at Top-End dragways (formerly Interstate).

Google Maps

Schedule

The air quality is generally outstanding at that time of year, and given a sunny day the track conditions are pretty good.

There's a make-up day on October 8th if the weather doesn't pan out.

There's a mud drags there on the 2nd, if anybody wants to try a pass in the mud. :biggrin:

Noticed that the map link above didn't work right... this should be better.

For those unfamiliar with the track, it's about 3 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul. Also about 3 hours from Winnipeg, MB.

Top End Dragways Location

Was out there today and the track was hooking. Three 7sec cars made it down. Charlie the new owner has track prep working now

Have not ran the Tintmaster's event this year yet, ran a regular bracket weekend earlier this year and ran in the groove with everyone else that weekend.

I got a reply back from Charlie, there will be full prep, street tires not allowed in the groove....

I got a reply back from Charlie, there will be full prep, street tires not allowed in the groove....

Interesting... street tires including DRs?

I wasn't really planning on pushing the 60-ft limits on the Kumho Ecstas on the Sy, anyway.

Waiting for clarification, but I would believe DRs to be acceptable, they were earlier this year....

Here's what I got for a response on the drag radials: "Radials are allowed in the groove after they have shown to be set up correctly and its a responsible driver. First pass or two will be out of the groove." Don't know if that is to cover the FWD crowd or what....

Dig, that WAS actually the reason for that statement I found out lol, we shouldn't have any problems. Your dad gonna run the GN then?

Soooo.. does "shown to be set up correctly" = not some clown that drags all the gravel from the pits up to the line?
I can cover that.

Yeah, that and those with the 80,000 mileage guarantee tires doing 4k clutch drops on the line, tearing up the surface....

Weather looks to be holding, although it looks like there will be a bit of a south/SE wind. This will make for a few leaf-generated beam trips on the clocks.... 12.30 @999 MPH kinda thing.

Yep, 'tis the season. Gotta pack the car up and pick up some methanol on my way through Bis tomorrow--guess they don't have anything at the track, thought they used to.

Yep, 'tis the season. Gotta pack the car up and pick up some methanol on my way through Bis tomorrow--guess they don't have anything at the track, thought they used to.

How much ya need? You could give dad a call and have him bring some extra. He generally hauls a 5-gallon can of it along, but you might want to check with him. (He might read this, actually)

Unless I can't make it to Ivan's before he closes tomorrow I should be OK, I'll let you know. Might need a chip burner though, if you still have one around....

Unless I can't make it to Ivan's before he closes tomorrow I should be OK, I'll let you know. Might need a chip burner though, if you still have one around....

Got a couple of them, Emulators too if you want to go that route. I'll try to remember to bring it all.

Don't sweat the Alky if you can't find it, we should have plenty available.