Modded GN vs 03 Cobra!

V8killR4U

I was out yesterday just cruising went out to diner and on my way home I see in my rearview a mustang, I was hoping it was a 03' COBRA, I had been wanting to run one for the longest, im on my cell phone and I slow down. He doesnt look over at me or anything so I rev him a lil, maybe he thought because i was on my cell that i didnt want to play, I shoot him another rev, i hear him drop a gear. We mash out at the same time and i pull on him bout a half a car off the jump and begin to pull a lil more, we were on Hayes off Hall Rd in Clinton Twp (Detroit Area). We rolled from about 35 to bout 80 and had to shut down, I wanted to pull over but we got up to the next light and the guy wouldnt even pull up next to me after our lil run. Id luv to do it again, so if your out there "AGUSTO" his liscense plate read something like that, then come holla at me. It cracks me up. My lil V6 turbo with some bolt ons and lil bigger turbo vs his $50 k saleen mustang :D

Justin, you are closer than what you think. Thursday we had at least 3 cobra's there running 13.3's-13.7's the 13.7 one was completely stock.

Everytime I go to the races I see nothing but 13's from the cobras. You will be there soon enough.

Lots of free mods you can do to free up some HP.

Bo

If all the Cobras you see are doing mid to high 13s then those guys dont drive very well.At Raceway Park(Englishtown NJ)the 03 Cobras are in the mid 12s.And thats the stock ones.Diablo Sport sponsors a Cobra with a stock motor thats in the 9s.Do not underestimate them,they truly are badass cars.

Originally posted by V8killR4U
It cracks me up. My lil V6 turbo with some bolt ons and lil bigger turbo vs his $50 k saleen mustang :D

That is funny considering 03 Cobras are no where near 50K, nor are they made by Saleen. Sounds like you hada run in with a GT. Congrats.

:eek:

So you telling me there no such thing as a super charged 03 Saleen. Think again! and yeah roughly upper 40's:eek:

You clearly said "vs 03 COBRA".
Reggie is just pointing that out. The Cobra is no where near $50k and they have nothing to do with Saleen. Some Saleens are that much $, yes, but they aren't Cobras either.

Ok then Saleen fellas, might have been a Look alike who knows it was just a kill, im happy with it:D

Well I don't know which it is, but the guy down the street from me has a red Mustang with Saleen across the upper windshield and Cobra emblems on the side. He ignores me hee hee

So is it a Saleen modded Cobra, Cobra with just Saleen sticker, Saleen with Cobra emblems - what???

Oh well, whatever it is he acts like I don't exist.

O.k...I will add my .02 cents...I have a 70 Boss 302 and a 67 Shelby gt350/paxton ....Also a 86 G.N.....During the 2002 Mid America Shelby Meet, Ford SVT bought out a couple of 2003 ford cobra mustangs...A friend of mine at SVT, missed the shfit point going to 2nd, and banged it off the rev limiter, and the thing ran a 13.2..He said normally it will run a 12.75..totally stock....If you put a set of smaller pulleys on the blower it will run in the 11's....It got my attention...That is a street car with A/c and that is too cool.....

Yeah i know a 03 Cobra, Kenne Belle S/C, chip, exhaust, = 10 possibly 9 sec steet car. SCarrrryyyyyyyy.

I know stock thought they run low 12 with a pully and exhaust, and chip, so i do know there potential.

Sht i almost bought one:eek:

i didnt say that did I,
I was gonna keep the GN too though.

It had to been one of those mustang saleen GT cobra V6 roush's then agian who knows with those turds

this still kills me. ANY GN should be able to run 12's. ANY GN. I hate seein 14 sec. times.

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap

Everytime I go to the races I see nothing but 13's from the cobras. You will be there soon enough.

Bo

Ill second that moition,I have yet to see a truely stock cobra run 12's.

As for all GN's running 12's, people run what they can afford

Originally posted by toddmingnworld
V8killR4U,

Where in the detroit area do you stay at or cruise.....I stay near 696 & coolidge in Oak Park.....

Todd

Im over in the Sterling Heights area 18 and vandyke area, im new around town so where does everyone hang. i know its gettin cold though, wheres M-8. i hear alot of people talkin bout that?

V8killR4U,

Your a little ways from me....I know a spot at 16 mile & groesbeck
over in the roseville area I believe (Strip Plaza parking lot) Alot of hotrods congregate over there on saturday night, if the police don't harrass folks some ppl try to get in some races....

Todd