Modified ratchet shifter in stock consul pics

trailinjake thanks . Its a normal pull up and back and drop down into reverse;)and the pistol grip is a hurst:confused:lol. I really never liked my stock shifter it seemed like it was to fragile:eek: . I did the normal up grades to it like the stronger j rod and that worked out ok but i really wanted some thing that could handle abuse and looked more sportier . I like the pics guys good job:)

That looks pretty cool. How does you gear indicator work, or does it?
The only thing I don't like about those shifters is that you have to pull up and down on them. The B&M Pro Ratchet also fits the stock console but you would have to make some kind of bracket or another hole for the reverse lockout lever, and it always stays in the middle position.
I HAD a Pro Ratchet installed in my car. The double ratchet from park to reverse and vice versa was a pain in the a$$, removed it and went back to stock with a gate. I like the action of the ratchet but wont deal with the double ratchet...

Bryan

I disabled my lock, drilled a hole in an 8-ball and stuck it on the shifter. Now it's solid as a rock :D

trailinjake thanks . Its a normal pull up and back and drop down into reverse;)and the pistol grip is a hurst:confused:lol. I really never liked my stock shifter it seemed like it was to fragile:eek: . I did the normal up grades to it like the stronger j rod and that worked out ok but i really wanted some thing that could handle abuse and looked more sportier . I like the pics guys good job:)
I dig it! Going to look into Jegs for one today . I really like the entire set up in your car... turbo emblem etc on the column plate...awesome I'll PM you if I have any questions on the cut down and install.

Were you able to use stock shifter cable? Do you have the part # from b&m? Any other parts needed to install other than cutting it down?

I HAD a Pro Ratchet installed in my car. The double ratchet from park to reverse and vice versa was a pain in the a$$, removed it and went back to stock with a gate. I like the action of the ratchet but wont deal with the double ratchet...

Bryan

This is the one I was talking about:

hello boys and girls; Go to the thread about (Dry Install on Cometics) in it there's a video of a 8 sec. pass. I don't know what trans he has but what shifter is that and tell me what's he's doing. Looks like he starts off if first and just pushes for up shifts I think with the button off. I don't know?
thanks
IBBY

hello boys and girls; Go to the thread about (Dry Install on Cometics) in it there's a video of a 8 sec. pass. I don't know what trans he has but what shifter is that and tell me what's he's doing. Looks like he starts off if first and just pushes for up shifts I think with the button off. I don't know?
thanks
IBBY

That look like a quick silver shifter that you can get from Jegs or summit. I have that with my 4L80E

That's Jason White in the video. He runs a th400. I'm thinking that his shifter is a Hurst Quarter Stick.

My B&M Quick silver shifter is like that shifter ratcheting, but it goes like this. You pull back on the shifter, it will go into gear, it will ratchet in one spot from over drive, pull back let go 3rd pull back let go 2nd down to 1st . To shift up you now push forward from 1st and ratchet up each gear. That shifter he is using is ratcheting in reverse form 1st pull down let go 2nd and so on ;) trailinjake you want to follow turbo regals custom parts form on installing B&M Quick silver:)and damn..... Jason White good job that run was sweet!

he has a th400 reverse manual valve body
you start at 1st on brake and then pull 2nd then pull 3rd and theres no way to pull it to neutral or reverse

the B&M quicksilver works with either 3 or 4 speed and also works with reverse valvebody
(there is a simple pin to remove to go from 3 to 4gear spots , and a different hole on the trans bracket )

the hurst only works for what you bought it for, if its for a 4speed and you decide to switch to a th400 3speed you need to change out the shifter

and i stand by my first assumption , the shifter doesnt move position on every shift like a quarter stick , it returns like the quicksilver

and yes it was really nice pass by JW

I have a B&M "Pro Stick" mounted in my console...Very happy with it...;)

Claude. DSCN1358.JPGDSCN3233.JPG

I recently took a B&M Pro Ratchet out of my car as I wanted to go back to the stock look. I modded the gear indicator plate for the little lever to release the lock to go backwards in gear. The whole setup will be for sale once I can find a MINT console plate to replace the modded one. Thought I had a better pic of it further back. Shifter sat a little low for my liking...

Attachments

• DSCN1948.JPG
    DSCN1948.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 288
  • DSCN1950.JPG
    DSCN1950.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 568
Man there's alot of good ideas here:)I love the creativity in different ways with different shifters guys cool :cool:

DCVING 6-that is exactly what I would do except maybe extend the shifter an inch or two higher. Looks awesome. I gave you a PM too.

Phoneguy- they make a 3 speed and 4 speed, it doesn't matter, they work the same. Did you have a B&M Pro Ratchet? If you did what do you mean by double ratchet?