gns2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 952
  • gns3.jpg
    gns3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 955
  • gns4.jpg
    gns4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 972
I had a set of BellTech springs for the rear that I'm running for now. My plan is once the motor is in and running, I have to go get the frame notched to fit the rear wheels. They are the same height (pretty much) as the stock wheel so I know how my rake is going to be but I'm thinking I may want to go lower if I can. The rear tires are 315/30R18's so my width may be the kicker. We'll see!

I had a set of BellTech springs for the rear that I'm running for now. My plan is once the motor is in and running, I have to go get the frame notched to fit the rear wheels. They are the same height (pretty much) as the stock wheel so I know how my rake is going to be but I'm thinking I may want to go lower if I can. The rear tires are 315/30R18's so my width may be the kicker. We'll see!

Jeremy,

Your car sits that low and you don't even have the engine in it yet?

Rob

Thanks, Jeremy (you been a HUGE help in my suspension thing over the past year)!!!1

Double on on Rob's question!!!!! THAT'S gonna be LOW when an engine is in there!!!!

Jeremy,

Your car sits that low and you don't even have the engine in it yet?

Rob

Sorry guys! I suppose I worded that wrong! The 109 long block is still sitting in the car. Although nothing is bolted onto it so there will be a slight change in height. I'm picking up my Stage 2 this weekend! Sorry for the bad wording on my part! That would be damn low!:D

I love it !!!!!

Good luck getting out of your driveway though ... :eek:

Rob, yeah you probably remember how steep my driveway is?! That is definately a concern of mine. I'm really not too worried about the driveway itself but more worried about the driveway between my 1 car attatched garage and my 2 car that my cars are in. There is quite a large slant between them. My old Montes rubbed slight when pulling it through and my innercooler pipes are where my worries are. I may half to rig up some sort of wood beams? My old Monte was dropped 2 1/4 in the front and 1.5" in the rear.:eek:

Maybe some 3/4" sheets of plywood :confused: Cheaper than a new driveway anyway. I'm just busting your chops though, car looks awesome Jeremy :cool: When you get it up and running I'd love to come check it out.

FWIW, I just went from 225/45/17 to 235/40/17 in the front.

I will try to get pics...

Question, I bought the Moog problem solvers for the front end and all bushings have been replaced. I am in the process of installing everything back on and was wondering if some type of grease is required to be put on the lower control A-Arm bushings?

I tightend up the lower control arms to see how they moved up and down and ther were squeaking like a MoFo! :rolleyes:

By the way, first time removing and installing everything by myself. I understand everthing should be loose when being installad and once everything is together then tighten up all bolts, correct? Is there a place to tell me the torque specs on this stuff?

By the way, the car does not have an engine at this time. So I will be using a spring compressor.

TIA!

Dannyo

Danny, any grease will work with the Moog bushings. Jsut jam as much as you can in the holes before you install them. I also rubbed some on the bolt just to make sure. I dont know the torque spec for the control arm bolts. I usually just tighten them down pretty good then loosen them little by little until they move freely. Not really professional advice but it seems to work for me!

How would 5658s and 5413 work on my 4dr with just the normal 3.8(no turbo).The front stock springs are sagging pretty good.

OK guys, my official test results of the MOOG 5413 rear springs are in! They dropped my car 1.48" based on comparison to my stock low mile Limited. The Limited measures 27.75" to the wheels well opening and the springs dropped my NA Regal down to 26". the NA has 195/75R14 tires on it so they are .48" shorter than those on my Limited. This means you deduct .24" when considering comparisons.

So MOOG 5413's drop 1.49" !!!!!!

What we need is a full list of springs w/ wheel well heights afterward. The drop is so random based on the age of our saggy springs. Most of us stay correct rolling diam, so that may work better as a comparison.
Regardles I am gonna try 5413s...unless someone knows a moog that goes lower.

Greg, I think the 5385 will go even lower. I have not verified that yet but as previously posted in this thread, it seems to be even lower! I have been basing all of my measurements off of the Limited since it has lower mileage springs.

good deal, I think we all know several of you are the experts on this, I just know I am in a saggy sloppy spring car. I'll pull up trheir site and compare rates and lengths off the car and see. Its just very difficult to make comparisons when some 86s seem lower OEM that 87s, meaning a drop in inches isn't across the board.....but what ever is across the board really.
My goal is 5658 fronts w/ spindles to get 24.5-24.75" and 5385 rear to get 25.5" plus add a little audio system for maybe .5" more.
Thanks again for the miles of info Jeremy,