more a/c help please

Brett Haynes

*Gold Supporting Member*
does anyone know what causes the a/c blower motor not to work on highspeed. but work on the5 speeds? this is the same on a/s vent,heat

i konw of 3 gns with the same problemand we all would like the fix for this

thanks
brett

Your post is a little hard to read, but I think I follow what you're after.

Either the Orange wire on the blower switch connector is broken or open, or the switch itself is bad. See attached.

Attachments

• sec08-3-24.pdf
    53.7 KB · Views: 70
  • sec08-3-25.pdf
    40.6 KB · Views: 81
  • sec08-3-26.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 75
  • sec08-3-27.pdf
    46.8 KB · Views: 73
I had the same problem and I fixed it for 5 bucks.
Under the hood mounted on the box right next to the blower motor you will see a silver blower relay that has 2 screws holding it on the the case and a big plug with about 4 or 5 wires. That was my problem and may very well be yours.

thanks for the reply

this is what i was told by the other site and it worked

Find the high blower relay on the front of the heater box(small silver thingy about 1"x3").Follow the red wire coming from the relay it will lead towards the passenger fender and go down between the fender and heater box.The red wire should be in the black wire loom.Find the connector the red wire leads to.Pull it apart and you should see where it had a melt down.It's up to you how you fix it but you can bypass the connector and just splice the red wire together

IF the relay clicks on with high speed operation then Brett has the correct solution to the problem.

Trace the red wire, it's probably at that connector C497.

Red wire should be hot at all times via fusible link A and most of your car would be dead if that was cooked.

You can try a voltmeter on that wire on the metal relay first.