more of my TTA stuff

Hey MrTurboTA,
How did you think that the 1980 Turbo cars performed? I heard they were pretty lame, but I love the styling and if I had the money I would buy one.
Did anyone ever try to do the same things to these cars as we do to the 89?
Like raise the boost, up the fuel? IT seems like maybe the possibilites of these cars was never sought out. Maybe the performance sucked so bad that everyone just threww 400 sb in them. I now allot of people back then did that.
thanks

My old 1980 Indy Turbo Trans Am had a adjustable boost rod, and a shift kit in it.
With 3.08 rear gears (as it was a California WS6 car), the car would beat quite a few 403 olds powered 1979 Trans Ams (thanks to the rear gears those cars got, 2.43s).
I would get a nice second gear chirp!
You have to remember though, the end years of the second gens were the most heaviest of them all.
My 1981 NASCAR seemed slower, but yet again, that car was the all time heaviest.
Recaro seats, and no adjustible boost rod. No shift kit either.
One Recaro seat weighs as much as two regular front seats.
The 1981 Turbo cars had more stuff controled by the computer too.
I just love the way second gens take the turns though.
Now, granted, nothing could give my 1970 Trans Am a go, till I got my 20th TTA! But, I gotta admit, that 1970 is a blast to drive!

George :cool:

Thanks for the responce. Those cars are definately cool. I personally like the 1980 Indy Pace car better than the Black Bandit paint job.
Since GM is reviving the Camaro as a 69 looking car, I think they should bring back the Trans Am as a mid 70's looking car. While I'm dreaming they should use the 3.8 turbo Buick with two turbos. Would anyone trade their 89 TTA for one if they did it? That would be a hard one. Im sure I'll never be faced with that decision.:rolleyes:

does anyone else have any tta stuff to show out there!! i found one more pic while going threw some things!!! it is a lithograph from 2001!!

100_0573.jpg

100_0574.jpg

I've never seen that one before. There's another poster with the TTA and a Turbo Grand Prix I believe, it was a GM released poster. Saw it at a swap meet once and the guy wouldn't come down on the like $75 price tag so I thought I'd walk around and try and come back and see if he changed his mind. Well I came back and it was gone.

There can't be too many of the TTA lithos left...I have #214 of 231 and I got that one years ago.

That is a nice poster.
I never saw it before either.
Got any info on it?

well all i know is this!! these are lithograph's from gmp when u buy the turbo regal series!! now i belive to get a print u hade to be a gold member?there are only 300 gold members so there are 300 prints!! there are many diff prints out there i just love this one!! i paid 125 for it 6 months ago they dont pop up often:biggrin:

There can't be too many of the TTA lithos left...I have #214 of 231 and I got that one years ago.

i was thinking the same thing i bought number 2 off ebay 3yrs ago i belive? i know bill is selling copies of this art on the bay for 20 BIN

indy/daytona

I also have this poster in my garage, its from 1989.

Roy

Attachments

• ttagtp.jpg
    ttagtp.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 166
I also have this poster in my garage, its from 1989.

Roy

That's the one I was going to buy, wish I would have been quick enough and just picked it up when I saw it. I'll have to post some pictures of the posters that I have at home, I doubt anyone else on here has them since one was a limited print from the Trans Am Nationals and the other is from my car.

Dave
I just googled the artist's name, Bill Harbort, and the first hit took me to his website. You might be interested in the 10th Anniversary TA he does also.
Jim

Jim,
Thanks for the post. I thought you had picked up the Litho with the Turbo Buick and the TTA. This was the one I am looking for. I already have a few of the Harbort prints and the 10th TA print.

- Dave

I think the 10th Anniversary Trans Am print is sold out already.
I too, would love to find that TTA with the Buick print.

I do believe i purchased #008 from you of the turbo regal

#008 of the grey T with the TTA 008/300

Bo are you interested in any of the 51 brochures or the oil filter boxes?

What is this 008 lithograph with the GMP turbo regal worth?

BW

Attachments

• 100_4173 (Small).jpg
    100_4173 (Small).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_4174 (Small).jpg
    100_4174 (Small).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_4147 (Small).jpg
    100_4147 (Small).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 103