more parts.

dr_frankenstein

Mad Scientist
Just spare stuff, need it gone.

MAKE ME AN OFFER.

Random Plenums, heres your chance to chop a few up to expirament!
066.jpg

this is a complete pull off carb and plenum from an 83. vaccum lines and all.

5c0.jpg

977.jpg

A.j.

make me an offer.

its been sittin a few... so i would suggest a going through.... just dont have the heart to throw this stuff away.

A.j.

lots of 301 stuff.

whatcha need?

A.j.

hrmph... lemme think about it first and establish a plan, so im not just givin money to the wind... im going to be removing the top end off of my engine for a valve job.. and with it, i may see about getting the turbo rebuilt by TTech.

what do you need a 301 for? that is really a advance thing to do.

told myself that if imma get the turbo inspected and rebult, why not do a few upgrades to it, i may not do it, but its a good start if a qualified turbo shop is willing to do the work.

told myself that if imma get the turbo inspected and rebult, why not do a few upgrades to it, i may not do it, but its a good start if a qualified turbo shop is willing to do the work.

i know a shop that can do it. the upgrade has more than you think. lots of fab work. i should know because i have the 301 on my car.

i know a shop that can do it. the upgrade has more than you think. lots of fab work. i should know because i have the 301 on my car.

Yep.:smile: A lot more involved than you think Romone. This isn't for some one that can't do a lot of the work themselves. At least $1K if you have all the parts and if it has to be out sourced completely then expect at least $2K for a completely fabbed up mod.:eek:

Get your car running right before even considering doing any mods because you will blow it up.

Yep.:smile: A lot more involved than you think Romone. This isn't for some one that can't do a lot of the work themselves. At least $1K if you have all the parts and if it has to be out sourced completely then expect at least $2K for a completely fabbed up mod.:eek:

Get your car running right before even considering doing any mods because you will blow it up.

i need to take a vid of it running, it runs pretty well, gave it a full tune up, but as soon as my suburban is up and runnin, the engine is coming out for a full rebuild, and with that, a TURBO REBUILD...

i need to take a vid of it running, it runs pretty well, gave it a full tune up, but as soon as my suburban is up and runnin, the engine is coming out for a full rebuild, and with that, a TURBO REBUILD...

Running right and running well are 2 different things. You've got no safety systems working and the puter can't do it's job if the parts are wrong or missing.

Running right and running well are 2 different things. You've got no safety systems working and the puter can't do it's job if the parts are wrong or missing.

yeah... well... i still have yet to see how the computer is holding up... i know for sure that the edelrock carb needs to go, and i figured a factory carb would do me alot better.

i never came close to 1k for that upgrade. i also modified the intake instead of the turbo. so my total came out a little less. it really does boost the power but i dont know if it was really worth the time and money. we will see when i finally take it to the track.:biggrin:

i never came close to 1k for that upgrade. i also modified the intake instead of the turbo. so my total came out a little less. it really does boost the power but i dont know if it was really worth the time and money. we will see when i finally take it to the track.:biggrin:

My point is that if you out source everything instead of have the ability yourself to do it then it won't be cheap. It is a viable upgrade but it's a DIY thing. Brian at Gbody has a turbo rebuilder that can supply a 301 unit ready to bolt up but I'm sure it won't be cheap. Then you have to have the down pipe fabbed up and good fab work aint cheap.:smile:

My point is that if you out source everything instead of have the ability yourself to do it then it won't be cheap. It is a viable upgrade but it's a DIY thing. Brian at Gbody has a turbo rebuilder that can supply a 301 unit ready to bolt up but I'm sure it won't be cheap. Then you have to have the down pipe fabbed up and good fab work aint cheap.:smile:

ok, i get what your saying.