More questions about alky

trbo6gn

ok well i am going to b ordering the smc alky unit within the next week. How many wide open passes will i get before i have to refill the slky resevoir? and how much is it for the alky? another question i have is wil i be able to just turn off the kit and run without it at any given time that i want? i really want this kit because i dont want to spend 5 dollars a gallon for gas just so that my car isn't a dog on the street. it runs good on the street at 16 psi but man with 22 or higher i can only imagine how fast it would be.

About 10 passes 1/4 mile WOT.

About $9-$10 a gallon for denatured.

Roughly speaking. :)

You have many good performance upgrades on your car. There's plenty of information in this forum that covers just about every aspect of alcohol injection. I think it would be to your advantage do some reading here. ;)

The jump from 17psi to 21ish on the street was INSANE. My friends who weren't that familiar with the car said they could absolutely feel a huge difference. I was smiling ear to ear when...well...whenever I drive it.

I have my SMC at relatively low pump speed, and it comes on around 14 psi (kinda late). I have been running 1/8 milers all year, and I'd estimate that I'd probably get 25 passes no problem before my low alky light went off. When compared to race gas, and for a street driven car that sometimes sees the track, it's a no brainer on the $$$ front.

I wanted the easiest way to do it, so I thought the SMC was worth it. But I have to admit, now that I'm a little more experienced I might be inclined to take on the DIY kit. Either way though, it'll be the sickest, most bang for the buck mod you will do to your car. Good luck!